Stuart range?

savaiusini

mtn dumbf(*^k

i am a person who has an autistic family member.

i would rather see pics of shit and read personal insults between people who can repsond.

your image of a person in the special olympics is purely fucked. these people have disabilites completly out of their control. do you think that they asked to be different.

you are a problem and i now hate you!!!

asshole!!!!!!!

[ 05-15-2002, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: erik ]

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with E.

I'm willing to put up with (and even find funny) a lot of crude stuff that makes it on this site, but MountainBoy this is just pure fucking tasteless.

I'll buy a beer for any moderator who rids us of that poster clip.

Last time someone posted something shitty like MountainMan did, the person who posted it at least had the decency to take it down after he was shown the error of his ways.

How 'bout it MountainMan?

And even if you do, you were still an ass to do it in the first place.

Matt

[ 05-15-2002, 01:32 PM: Message edited by: Matt Anderson ]

Ah cmon, do you folks have to see a picture of something objectionable before you object to something? Captain Caveman and the rest have been making stupid comments, antagonizing people, etc. for eons on this site and yet nobody objects to that. You guys might argue the fact that they are exericising their free speech. Well so am I. I truly don't care if you all don't like the picture ... I'm not taking it down.

And I didn't create this picture, I found it elsewhere on the internet and thought it was funny. It is funny. Just because you volunteer full time at the Special Olympics doesn't mean you can't have a sense of humor. We see people making jokes about other races, but just because we are a member of that other race does that mean we should not tell jokes about other races? That's pretty stupid.

[ 05-15-2002, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: ]

quote:

Originally posted by MountainMan:

Ah cmon, do you folks have to see a picture of something objectionable before you object to something? Captain Caveman and the rest have been making stupid comments, antagonizing people, etc. for eons on this site and yet nobody objects to that. You guys might argue the fact that they are exericising their free speech. Well so am I. I truly don't care if you all don't like the picture ... I'm not taking it down.

no we dont have to see a picture before we are pissed. it is rare where one person attacks race, religon or handicaps. and when they do they are called on it. we are calling you on it.

would you make that statement to someone who is handicapped?? i doubt it.

another thing as far as i know there are no autistic posters here to even defend(and it shouldnt have to happen) theirselves. but what is there to defend for them?? defective dna and body chemistry?? these are things out of their control and out of everyones control for that matter.

i think when someone makes a comment about someone on the board it is directed at their thoughts or statements. they can also reply in any fashion that they want. the pictire you posted repersents people with challenges that you and i cannot even fathom. quit being so selfish.

you wanna attack someone do it. but do it in the right fashion. shit make fun of me if you are that pathetic and feel the need too. i dont care, make fun of someone less fortunate you are an asshole. i know bone he understands the diatribe as well as most people. you are attacing something that is not even repersented here.

i bet your mommy and daddy pay for you schooling....fawkin tool!!! go get bent.....

[Mad][Mad][Mad][Mad][Mad][Mad]

quote:

Originally posted by erik:

would you make that statement to someone who is handicapped?? i doubt it.

I never did, so you've got a moot "point".

quote:

Originally posted by erik:

another thing as far as i know there are no autistic posters here to even defend(and it shouldnt have to happen) theirselves. but what is there to defend for them?? defective dna and body chemistry?? these are things out of their control and out of everyones control for that matter.

Nobody has to defend themselves, it's obviously a joke.

quote:

you wanna attack someone do it. but do it in the right fashion. shit make fun of me if you are that pathetic and feel the need too. i dont care, make fun of someone less fortunate you are an asshole. i know bone he understands the diatribe as well as most people. you are attacing something that is not even repersented here.

You're making this into something way bigger than it is ... quit being so hurt and laugh at the funny picture.

quote:

i bet your mommy and daddy pay for you schooling....fawkin tool!!! go get bent...

Way to stay on topic drunky. lOl

yeah, I have to say that's pretty fu#@ed up right there, I have worked with autistic and handicapped people quite a bit, and that poster is probably the most rude and offensive thing that I have ever seen on this site.

Mountain(man?) grow up you stupid fuck.

quote:

Originally posted by MountainMan:

And I didn't create this picture, I found it elsewhere on the internet and thought it was funny. It
is
funny.

So you complain about the spray on the board and don't find humor in it. Instead, you find humor in your pic. You're the only one laughing.

Hey I agree that the picture is in bad taste. I would yank the thread given the ability. Why hasn’t it been removed is an even more vexing issue to me. It seems like such “moderation” would be easy. Certainly if the pic was turned into a poster and placed a bar chances are that the barkeep or a patron would remove it.

Additionally, cheap shots and insults made to those who can defend themselves are no less acceptable. To decry Moutainman’s posting and not other posts shows a complete lack of empathy and imagination.

vegan,

first of all, i dont know what spray is. second of all, if I were to post up about how I objected to certain people antagonizing others or making needless posts about everything but the topic at hand when someone asks a serious question on this (a cascade climber information board), I would hear, "Shut up gaper .. if u dont like it, dont read it" ... I've heard it before. So you can just do the same thing and not read it and move on with your lives. It's a harmless picture. Get off your high horses and laugh at the funny picture.

Why on earth is there even a "spray" forum if you all are going to ruin every valid post on the board? I come here to find out information on climbing routes, and conditions, etc. and everytime I do, I see some little kid saying something dumb. I'm curious .. why is there even a spray forum?

Peter Puget brought up a very good point though in his last post. How can you sit there and denounce my post when you aren't denouncing other posts .. such as Captain Caveman's infinite dumb and meaningless posts? Or any one of his avatars .. or his drinking buddies. Is it because you all know him and he goes to the pub club meetings and I do not? Well, how about I make it to the next pub club and you all can tell me your opinion of me to my face. I think that's the best idea yet because you all are obviously too ignorant to understand what you're reading.

Everytime I climb in the cascades, and I happen upon another party, somehow the topic of cascade climbers.com comes up. "You don't post on cascade climbers.com do you? That site is full of little kids", is often what I'll hear. This has happened numerous times ... I'm not making this up. I don't admit that I come here, of course, because I don't want to be cast in the same light as some of the retards who post on this site. There's a lot of good people on this site, and a lot of good information, and I've learnd a lot. But there's just as many disgusting, morons on this site who do nothing better to do than to type meaningless crap in response to every post. You all need to put the beer down for 11 seconds, get off your soapboxes, and listen to reason.

I'm done with this post, not the board. I'll continue to get information from this board ... but I'll never ever admit to posting here.

[ 05-15-2002, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: MountainMan ]

Mountanman, your value added to the big show is zero. Thanks for playing. [Moon]

Recent Posts By Mountainman

1 Stuart range? (post #000045) Alpine Lakes 05-15-2002

2 Stuart range? (post #000041) Alpine Lakes 05-15-2002

3 Stuart range? (post #000040) Alpine Lakes 05-15-2002

4 Stuart range? (post #000034) Alpine Lakes 05-15-2002

5 Stuart range? (post #000025) Alpine Lakes 05-15-2002

6 Stuart range? (post #000022) Alpine Lakes 05-12-2002

7 Snowmobiles on summit at St. Helens... (post #000051) Climber's Board 04-23-2002

8 Worst Approach, Worst Descent (post #000033) Climber's Board 03-24-2002

9 Colchuck Glacier Conditions? (post #000002) Alpine Lakes 03-19-2002

10 Colchuck Glacier Conditions? (post #000000) Alpine Lakes 03-16-2002

11 Heres a great one.......Best Summit View in Cascades? (post #000001) Climber's Board 10-14-2001

12 ohmygod (post #000001) Climber's Board 10-10-2001

13 Dragontail Peak - Serpentine Ridge (post #000014) Alpine Lakes 10-06-2001

14 Austera Peak (post #000007) North Cascades 10-04-2001

15 Mink (post #000002) Climber's Board 09-26-2001

16 Mt Robson- Conditions (post #000019) Climber's Board 09-20-2001

17 Austera Peak (post #000005) North Cascades 09-17-2001

18 Worst roads (post #000002) Climber's Board 09-17-2001

19 Austera Peak (post #000001) North Cascades 09-12-2001

20 Buck Mountain Beta (post #000007) North Cascades 09-12-2001

21 Buck Mountain Beta (post #000005) North Cascades 09-12-2001

22 Buck Mountain Beta (post #000004) North Cascades 09-10-2001

23 Buck Mountain Beta (post #000002) North Cascades 09-10-2001

24 Buck Mountain Beta (post #000000) North Cascades 09-07-2001

25 crampons (post #000015) The Gear Critic 08-10-2001

26 Crampons on Stuart? (post #000005) Alpine Lakes 07-14-2001

Have you ever heard the saying that "It's only funny if people are laughing"??? I'm not hearing any one laugh. I've seen the site you got this from... All I have to say about it is just because something is there doesn't mean you should use it. It's a good idea to know your audiance. I feel like you made a mistake here. In the same situatiun, I would delete. No one is saying that you don't have a legal right to be a jack ass. Up to you man. [Frown] But I don't think I would want to climb with you, or trust your beta.

quote:

Originally posted by sk:

I've seen the site you got this from... All I have to say about it is just because something is there doesn't mean you should use it.

The site I got it from isn't listed in my post .. so no you don't have any idea where I got it from. If you really must know, I got it from http://www.ak-47.net

Here's the link :

http://www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48400

Ok Ok Ok Erik...and others, you are right. It is in bad taste. Yes I did chuckle, and I am sorry.

But taken in the context of the spray that others have dished out and others have endured, I'm not so sure the moderators should supress it. Some here have dished it out and said fuck off now seem offended.

No harm meant from me to those special people.