Baker Access

skibum1087

Me and a buddy are interested in doing baker this weekend, either by the Coleman Deming or the Easton. I was wondering if anyone had been up there lately and knew how far up the road to the Coleman Deming trailhead you can drive. Also what is Winter acsess to the Easton trailhead like. Thanks a lot

Spencer

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

According to this:

http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/mbs/conditions/road_conditions_report.shtml the road to Schreiber's Meadow is snowy, but passable.

Interesting, but that's not what I saw listed for FR 13. If you go, and can drive to Schreiber's Meadow, I'd like to hear about it.

The dubious might prefer the Glacier Creek approach. Both roads are snowmobile only this time of year, but Glacier Creek is more direct, therefore the route itself is shorter from snowline. Besides, you'll find snow machines all up and down the Squak and Easton glaciers, which might tend to impact your wilderness experience significantly. On the north side you'll leave them behind at the trailhead. Cold up there this weekend, though. Good luck.

Sno-park conditions:

http://www.parks.wa.gov/winter/parks/motorparks.asp?Region=1

Looks like as of the 13th, parking was at 1160ft on the Schrieber's road. Sounds like a long walk to me :-)

I think you'll have better luck with Glacier Ck, that gets less snow than Schreibers. Sounds like parking there is at 2000ft, although it's hard to tell from their little blurb.