zero gully, sumallo cirque

Dru

experienced elderly climber and guidebook author seeks partner for alpine gully route.

10km ski approach may take its toll on your partner and he would prefer to snowmobile in

you must have a loud voice and be a rope gun

if interested send PM and I will play matchmaker

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

experienced elderly climber and guidebook author seeks partner for alpine gully route.

10km ski approach may take its toll on your partner and he would prefer to snowmobile in

Not ANOTHER trip with Mike...stay away!

pitty.gif

• 3 months later...

the route actually looked like it was "in"...good luck getting to it though!

we had the key to the gate so the 10km ski turned into an 8km drive before the road got too rough for a passenger car. the problem with getting to the climb is that now all the snow in the valley bottom has melted out and the last 2km of the road is TOTALLY overgrown with slide alder. warm temps and rain on/off was inducing a lot of wet snow sliding off the surrounding peaks, Zero Gully looked good though and nothing was falling on the route directly. we decided that the weather was crappy, the snow wouldnt likely be much better, there was something of a safety issue to consider, and no one wanted anything to do with 2km of bushwacking through wet slide alder. so we went to Squamish instead...but thats another trip report. wink.gif

• 9 months later...

Said elderly climber would like to make another attempt on this same route this weekend. We'll have the key to the gate and try to drive as far as possible. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Said elderly climber would like to make another attempt on this same route this weekend. We'll have the key to the gate and try to drive as far as possible. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Go and get it buddy, don't let the naysayers get you down :tup: :tup:

Im a save your ass alot of pain for nothin, not a naysayer :P

http://nwac.us/products/fx_page.htm

From EC

FRIDAY.. A MIX OF SUN AND CLOUD. ISOLATED SHOWERS IN THE MORNING.

RAINFALL AMOUNTS TRACE.

FREEZING LEVEL 2700 METRES.

SATURDAY.. ISOLATED SHOWERS.

RAINFALL AMOUNTS TRACE.

FREEZING LEVEL 2500 METRES.

SUNDAY.. RAIN.

RAINFALL AMOUNTS 15 TO 25 MM.

FREEZING LEVEL 2700 METRES.

EXTENDED FORECAST FOR FRIDAY THROUGH SUNDAY

Mostly fair and warm Friday. Continued warm with increasing mid and high clouds spreading northward late Friday through early-mid Saturday with isolated high based showers. However, considerable sunshine or filtered sunshine is still likely with clouds and showers decreasing mid-late Saturday. Mostly fair and a little cooler early Sunday. Increasing clouds and light showers mid-day and Sunday afternoon. Cooler with light to moderate rain or snow increasing late Sunday into early Monday.

· FREEZING LEVELS

9-11,000 ft N, 10-12,000 ft S Friday through early Saturday

· SNOW LEVELS

8-10,000 ft N and S mid-late Saturday

7-9000 ft N and S early Sunday

5-7000 ft N, 6-8000 ft S late Sunday, lowering further early Monday

• 2 years later...

Ditto, he's still after this or other snow routes near Hope. If interested in climbing (or approaching) such routes with a veteran alpinist, give a PM or email.