Pandora Solos Nisqually Icecliff

catbirdseat

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats an interesting opinion griz, but I completely disagree. if it had been you, I would have been equally impressed. I might not have said as much, but I've never met you(but I have met Hannah). As Mike notes above, this route hasn't been climbed solo much or possibly at all. It is also apparently the first summit of 06, so that also makes it pretty cool. Sure, it isn't the first naked ascent of K2, but it is super cool to see our locals going out pushing their own limits. I have no problem egging on and congratulating Colin, Hannah, and other younger people getting it done, along with the rest of the geezers on this board.

I do agree with Cobra, we should develope a congratultory protocol so as to not offend our more sensitive board member's sensibilities.

hannah's ass is a great one to kiss!

and tex, what gives man? You spray some trip report about your nose in a day deal, like that's never been done before rolleyes.gif...it was a great read and i believe many said "props" to you...should everyone rescind that? jeez, dude, chill out...

Hannah...awesome!

It would be impressive if ANYBODY soloed that route in winter.

Sure, but i doubt it would be followed by 3 pages of ass kissing from a bunch of dirty old men if it wasn't some young climber chic. I doubt it would even get mentioned here.

I forgot about the fact that it is still winter up there. That makes the climb a more noteable ascent. I also went to Gautier's website and checked out what he said. I am not too proud to admit that I was wrong about her ascent being a noteworthy one. So, . . . Congrats Hannah.

What is moronic is that all my posts, while in disagreement with the trend of the posts, were not derogatory toward her and used civil language.

In response to the attacks on me- None of my posts degraded Hannah. I have only degraded the kiss-asses. In fact I believe I said that it may be a noteworthy ascent for her. In actuallity I agree that it is cool that she did a possible first winter ascent. Still, some of you have alot of testosterone flowing.

TextPoster...

Please explain the motivation behind your TR's of the Nose and the backslaps that you got (WHICH YOU POSTED)...i'm at a bit of a loss here...

I hardly think congrats to you or her are "ass kissing"...

Edited by RuMR

not trolling...just calling it like i see it, gentlemen.

also, i was not aware it had never been soloed before. you would think everything has been soloed on that mtn at one time or another.

and no i don't live in boulder...

What is moronic is that all my posts, while in disagreement with the trend of the posts, were not derogatory toward her and used civil language.

In response to the attacks on me- None of my posts degraded Hannah. I have only degraded the kiss-asses. In fact I believe I said that it may be a noteworthy ascent for her. In actuallity I agree that it is cool that she did a possible first winter ascent. Still, some of you have alot of testosterone flowing.

Your offensive sarcastic post deserved such a civil response, too. rolleyes.gif

Anyone can dog my TR's. I have nothing against TR's. If Hannah had even posted a TR about a solo ascent of the Toof I would have not said anything. I like reading TR's because you get an idea of the excitement the climber felt. Even if the climb would be easy for me I can still understand and appreciate the fears, joys, and obstacles faced. Whether you are pulling hard on non-existent holds or doing the south side of Mt. Hood I feel like the true essence of climbing is the adventure.

Anyway, Hannah hasn't even posted here yet and people were giving her the "were not worthy" crap. I give credit where credit is due.