Pandora Solos Nisqually Icecliff

catbirdseat

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job "soloing" the mountain. Come back when you do something worth talking about.

Everyone please congratulate me on numberous solo approaches to monkey face including the direct approach through asterik pass. All totally SOLO.

Bwahaha. If you ever tried to solo a real mountain, you would be wigged out of your mind, you sport fairy little bitch.

A woman actually does something that many men do every year and hordes of 5.7 sprayers bow down to kiss the her crampons. Hannah is probably a cool girl just doing what she likes but we don't have to kiss everygirl's ass that actually does something above gumby status.

Yes, I do have a mild case of the Yosemite Mentality. I generally think that walk-up routes on mountains are more about determination than advanced skills or physical ability. Basically if you go when conditions are good and can keep yourself out a crevass your good. There are hard mountain routes that require high commitment and skill but the nisqually is not one of them.

So in short, while Hanna's ascent may be a great personal achievement we don't need to hear about it here. Perhaps a nice TR could be helpful to some posters but shameless kiss-assing is ridiculous.

Yes Offwhite, The vegas winter is really getting me down. I mean temps in the 70's with sunshine everyday can be a drag.

Hey Tex,

what should we hear about here then? i don't care if it's a chick who did it or not. Solo winter ascent of that mountain is worth reading about. i hope she puts up her own TR. back off--just b/c it's not "rock" climbing doesn't mean it's not an achievment.

Great job "soloing" the mountain. Come back when you do something worth talking about.

Everyone please congratulate me on numberous solo approaches to monkey face including the direct approach through asterik pass. All totally SOLO.

What's interesting about this presumptuous and sad attack is that Tex is accusing Pandora of bragging when she hasn't actually posted a thing here -- it has all been from others who are rightfully inspired or congratulatory of her accomplishments.

Unfortunately, this is the type of embarassing crap that happens all the time on this otherwise useful, interesting website.

Tex, if you're trying to downgrade or belittle the significance of a winter ascent of Rainier, solo, then you'll have to try a lot harder. It's impressive, and a lot of people seem to be proud of her accomplishment. What are you proud of? wave.gif

i'm kind of at a loss at this manufactured drama. i know both hannah and tex and think well of both of them. karsten - you're usually way positive man - folks are just giving pandora the high five for doing something cool and scary enough. i myself would not solo that route, and that alone makes this thread worth my time to read. chill out brother.

i'm kind of at a loss at this manufactured drama. i know both hannah and tex and think well of both of them. karsten - you're usually way positive man - folks are just giving pandora the high five for doing something cool and scary enough. i myself would not solo that route, and that alone makes this thread worth my time to read. chill out brother.

i kind of agree with tex.

if i (a dude) did the climb then nobody would give a shit, including me. the thread seems abit patronizing to the gal in my opinion.