two seats = two tickets

underworld

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm just bitter b/c i've got to pay extra if i pack a bag that's too heavy. i've heard a few of explanations for this 1) b/c the plane can only handle so much weight and they calculate an avg per passenger. i've exceeded this number and must pay extra 2) the heavier the plane is the more fuel it uses and thus my excess weight costs them money 3) it's a risk to the baggage handlers.

in the first 2 scenarios, i'm getting hosed for having 10 extra pounds in my bags but the guy who weighs an extra hundred pounds himself gets off scot free. if i have to pay extra for packing an extra pair of ski boots, the obese guy should have to pay extra for packing a pair of size 54 pants.

i might buy off on the last one. it still sounds lame to me though.

if someone cannot fit into one seat, they must buy two. That shit is fair.

At our mariner's season tickets, we have sat next a wonderful man named Lyle for 11 years now. He used to weigh around 500lbs or so, and he bought 3 seats for himself and sat in the middle. Nobody forced him too, he just knew he couldn't fit in one or two, and was considerate about it.

I don't think it is too much to ask. Gneraly I don't like airlines (for many reasons) but I think this is a good policy.

solution: wear all your luggage. ski boots and all. layer up thumbs_up.gif

I was thinking a low cut top and some leg.

Seriously: the airlines charge for baggage because they can. Like they do for peanuts now. At some point maybe people will accept weight based tickets; since we are getting fatter I wouldn't hold my breath.

They would probably be better off spending the extra money on a f'n personal trainer rather than a plane ticket. They should offer that service on the plane. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

What, we all sit in our seats and peddle? Does this come before or after the pilot takes up a collection pre-departure "so we can buy enough fuel to safely reach the destination"

i'm getting hosed for having 10 extra pounds in my bags but the guy who weighs an extra hundred pounds himself gets off scot free. if i have to pay extra for packing an extra pair of ski boots

solution: wear all your luggage. ski boots and all. layer up thumbs_up.gif

Then they could do it like the bush pilots - you and your luggage on the scale together. Over a certain percentile, and you pay a fuel surcharge. I could probably hop on with a loaded expedition pack and a couple pairs of skis and still not match up to most Good Americans.

Or better yet, a form similar to that carryon luggage sizer for everyones' asses - "You must be this thin to ride this ride..."

cage.jpg

Edited by glacier