Mt Adams info needed

marek

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Here is the info I got.

I have this 1968 book "Northwest Ski Trails" by Ted Muller

and it directs me to FR N81 with abot 7-8 mile hike to Timberline Forrest Camp and then to head 12 degrees true north to Suksdorf Ridge on to false summit.

Any comments?

A few years ago, I think it was May 1999, I went in from a snow park in the south. It was a big snow year, in any case. Above the Lunch Counter, we met a Frenchman on skis who told us he drove up some random logging road on the west side and just started skinning up through the trees. Sounded a lot shorter than what we did, assuming you could find your way back to your car.

• 2 months later...
a friend of mine tried to get up the south side last weekend and said that the snow was so deep that his sled couldnt make it very far before it sank so deep it ran out of air.

He must not know how to ride his machine very well.

Anyone have any info on climbing conditions on Mt Adams. We are looking at taking the southern route?

a friend of mine tried to get up the south side last weekend and said that the snow was so deep that his sled couldnt make it very far before it sank so deep it ran out of air.

He must not know how to ride his machine very well.

you must not know how to pull your head out of your ass