I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref!

Gary_Yngve

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was the worst officiated game I have ever seen. It was pretty obvious who the leaugue wanted to win this one. Did anybody else notice that like 80% of the "happy feel good" segments were on steelers players? A similar % of the black and white lombardi trophy pose pictures were Steelers also.

Did anyone catch the introductory music for the Seahawks and the Steelers? When the 'hawks came on, the music was some orchestral E-C E-C D-B-D... (what song is that?)

where as the Steelers were introduced to some much more aggro pump-you-up music.

A good example of the media's bias was last week when we were whooping some Pansiers ass, and the announcers kept saying they had a chance... onside kick, turnover, etc. In this game, the announcers were pretty much saying game over.

I noticed; even though my wife was pulling for the Seahawks because they were the best dressed, I was pleased to see either team win... if it were a well-played game, which it wasn't in my book. Two teams are to play this game. What happened yeasterday appeared as three teams playing and the third team, the refs, were as foul as the other two.

A number of the television commentators questioned and/or were adamantly opposed to some of the Third team's calls: the "push-off" negating the Seahawk touchdown, the "hold" that brought back the pass-play to the one-yard-line, and the 15-yard penalization of Hasselbeck's tackle of the interception return are among the discrepancies.

Again, this game was a poor example of the strategy, professional athletic teamwork, and consistent execution of play that an observer should expect from a game so highly touted.

Edited by Dechristo

And then that supposed Pittsburgh QB rushing TD...

Yeah it wasn't... but it's not like they wouldn't have scored on the next play boxing_smiley.gifrolleyes.gif

If you really want something to piss and moan about read Rick Reilly's (Sports Illustrated) "Giving Seattle the Needle" column. the_finger.gifwazzup.gif

PS: it's just a game

Yea yea its a game oh wait its their career, maybe ref boy should go back to being a policeman or firefighter since he hasnt had enough time officiating to be half good at it.

Yeah it wasn't... but it's not like they wouldn't have scored on the next play

First of all they wouldnt have scored a TD next play and that was a huge momentum giver

it was bullshit and everyone knows it, Pittsburg didt even show up till near the second half

Give me a fucking break and cry me a river. The refs fucked up the Steelers game against the Colts just as bad if not worse. Blown INT call - blown Pass Interference - blown penalties. Steelers didn't sit around and bitch - they stepped it up and won the game with heart. All this complaining is loser speak plain and simple.

Right on they gave it back to them for fuckn their game two weeks ago, these are supposed to be high quality refs, theres what a million camera's

well your right were losers and were complaining so you got me there rolleyes.gif

Ya heart if you spell it freaking lucky missed feild goal by the colts, or way lucky tackle by roethlesburger

Edited by jmace

Give me a fucking break and cry me a river. The refs fucked up the Steelers game against the Colts just as bad if not worse. Blown INT call - blown Pass Interference - blown penalties. Steelers didn't sit around and bitch - they stepped it up and won the game with heart. All this complaining is loser speak plain and simple.

The Hawks blew it. Sack up you whining wanna be's. Already the Seattle "fans" are crying about whether Alexander is worth paying for next year and whether Holmgren should stay. Fair weather fans blow.

Oh, yeah, one for the thumb baby! thumbs_up.gif

And then that supposed Pittsburgh QB rushing TD...

Yeah it wasn't... but it's not like they wouldn't have scored on the next play boxing_smiley.gifrolleyes.gif

It was third down numnutz. They stopped them three times from the 1 yard line and without that bullshit call it would have been 3, not 7.