Muslim anger at Danish cartoons

fear_and_greed

Looks like our strong allies in FREEDOM, the Brits, the country with the "official secrets act", has now condemned the free press!

Jack Straw condemns publishing cartoons

One might note that this is an official govt. guy of the UK, whereas the French Editor firing that JayB was so indignant about was fired by the owner of the paper (an Egyptian).

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am just posting this as part of a mini-constest I've got going for the "Reflexive Western Self Loathing Sweepstakes." I'll give an as-yet undetermined prize* to the first person who engages in the reflexive relativistic contortions necessary to equate people who critical letters to the editor to the folks depicted in this picture, pin the blame for the entire episode on the cultural insensitivity of the West, recommend enforced sensitivity training for all people outside the Ummah, and deduce their way into the conclusion that the fault for this episode lies directly with the Bush administration.

Tolerance in Action

Hopefully I'll be able to custom order an organic-hemp-cruelty-free Burqua in time for the conclusion of the contest.

I am just posting this as part of a mini-constest I've got going for the "Reflexive Western Self Loathing Sweepstakes." I'll give an as-yet undetermined prize* to the first person who engages in the reflexive relativistic contortions necessary to equate people who critical letters to the editor to the folks depicted in this picture, pin the blame for the entire episode on the cultural insensitivity of the West, recommend enforced sensitivity training for all people outside the Ummah, and deduce their way into the conclusion that the fault for this episode lies directly with the Bush administration.

r288321482.jpg?x=380&y=253&sig=0Pu5TozESATpo7VSlBW6Mg--

r3443127481.jpg?x=255&y=345&sig=RHZa35z5W8pdZcwjoGsYLg--

Hopefully I'll be able to custom order an organic-hemp-cruelty-free Burqua in time for the conclusion of the contest.

On other news: cheese and fruit filled breakfast pastries are hereafter to be know as "heroic defenders of liberty pastries" instead of "danish". They will revert back to the original title in 12 months, like freedom/french fries

Pastry

Protest

So is your preferred solution re-education, sterilization or deathcamps?

Now we're getting somewhere. Vintage inversion. "The real Nazi's are the people who are critical of the mobs threatening to murder anyone who dares to express opinions that are offensive to their ideology. If their criticisms succeed in convincing these people that these tactics won't succeed, we all know where THAT might lead."

Consider yourself a strong contender for the lead.

Anybody who clutches the pearls and gets the vapors over political cartoons of any stripe need to lighten the fuck up. I don't care whether it's radical mullah jihad jhanie or radical cleric James Dobson.

Maybe we can just build a big ass enclosed fence around Jerusalem, toss all the far right wing religious nutjobs of the christian, muslim, and jewish faith in there, lock the gates and let them have a battle royale to the death. With any luck, they would kill each other off and the sane people of the world could get on with our lives.

Organized religion is the greatest scam ever conceived.