Quarantine the Fat!!!!

Dru

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was a kid, I remember meeting this friend of one of my dad's friends when we were all out on a fishing trip on the Kenai Peninsula. He was taking some medication for some bug that he said was basically eating his fat cells. Who needs a vaccine when you have a natural predator for fat?

Curious how people who eat well and exercise don't seem to catch that virus.

Seems to be wholly absent from sub-Saharan Africa as well. Can't think of any other viruses that are a problem there, so maybe the climate keeps them at bay.

At some point in the 90's - I think it was after the woman who drank a fifth of JD a day sued JD because her baby has FAS - I joked about obese people suing McDonalds and other fast-food joints for making them fat. It seemed so rediculous at the time that I never thought it would happen.

A few years later I joked about the obese waging a successful campaing to have their condition classified as a disability, and went onto state that as a consequence millions of people who were in the extremely-overweight category would eat their way into mortal-obesity in order to hop on this literal-and-figurative gravy-train. This already happens with people who want bariatric surgery, but can't quite qualify because their BMI is just below the threshhold.

A side prediction is that we'll see quite a bit more research of this sort bein cited fervently by the National Association for Fat Acceptance (really exists) aforementioned campaign to qualify obesity as a disability on-par with Parkinson's disease. This will only intensify as more insurers attempt to use BMI as a tool to increase premiums in the face of spiraling outlays for medical expenses associated with obesity.