What if we win this Game?

wayne

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

overpaid, spandex wearing, spraylords have a fluke shot at glory and the city is justified in going berserk?

bull fighting and auto racing and mountain climbing are sports...

Well the good news is that one of the richest men in the US, who had recently declared bankruptcy in pdx so he could weasel out of debt he assumed for the Rose garden arena, can make more money on all the people who will be running around with official jerseys and other official merchandise.

In my ideal world, Seattle wins but Paul Allen loses. confused.gif

Wow, things are different in Seattle than they are in Portland. Up here we love Paul Allen. If it weren't for him they would be the Anaheim Seaducks. Our vitriol is reserved for former owner Ken Behring. Owners aside I am just excited to watch a major team from my city play for a championship for the first time since I was four.

I'm watching the game from the Flying J truck stop in Blythe, California on my way back from a weekend of climbing in Joshua Tree.

Anyone beat that?

Barry

I'll beat that!

I'll be in Beijing and normal chinese cable doesn't have ESPN, but my brother found a bar near his apartment where we can watch it....at 6:30am. suckers! the_finger.gif

pre 7am bar entering is totally aid, but I don't care. Beijing ETA: 53 hours

Wow, things are different in Seattle than they are in Portland. Up here we love Paul Allen. If it weren't for him they would be the Anaheim Seaducks. Our vitriol is reserved for former owner Ken Behring. Owners aside I am just excited to watch a major team from my city play for a championship for the first time since I was four.

We love Paul Allen?? Speak for yourself! It was a great business deal. He bilked us (the taxpayers) into buying him a stadium that he could make boatloads of money off. Do I have a problem with him making money? Absolutely not, but I shouldn't have to pay to help him out.

We love Paul Allen?? Speak for yourself! It was a great business deal. He bilked us (the taxpayers) into buying him a stadium that he could make boatloads of money off. Do I have a problem with him making money? Absolutely not, but I shouldn't have to pay to help him out.

I should have been more precise. Seahawks fans love him. Plenty of people were pissed about the stadium. I was not one, but there were plenty. I actually support tax payer assistance in sports facility construction. I believe that they are good for the area both financially and emotionally. Sports teams bring people together in a positive way. I do think that the Seahawks made one almost altruistic financial gesture this week. They chose not to show the game on the stadium big screen. They said it would not be fair to the neighboring establishments who have helped fund the stadium with increased taxes.

Mike Holmgren's Theme:

"Finish The Climb":

He gave each of the players a carabiner earlier in the season, and has told them that the Superbowl is akin to "the last 20 feet of the climb"

I wonder if it was an oval tongue.gif

I knew there was a reason this was posted to the Climber's Board! yellaf.gif

I don't know about love, but many of his wrongs are forgiven in my books by his donations to KEXP.

Donations? C'mon Geek, Allen bought that station with cash. There's a lot of good that's come with it, but KCMU's soul as community based radio was sucked out in the process. While it fights a good fight against the Clear Channel, it's more mainstream than it's ever been. I'm not about to pat paul Allen on the back and thank him for that.