What if we win this Game?

wayne

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think the officiating was as bad as many are saying.

The Jackson TD call-back was understandable if viewed from the angle of the ref making the call;

The Ben TD was hard to over-rule, since it was difficult to tell in the replays (ball was covered for a moment) whether or not it barely touched the leading edge of the goal-line (that's all it takes).

The one holding call on the Hawks negating Stevens to the one yard line was pretty poor, as was the Hasselbeck "blocking" penalty, but really the Hawks killed themselves.

Stevens saying they would win before the game was an idiot statement, one that I personally think contributed to his poor play....

It's actually kinda embarrassing that they bitch about the refs, considering how much better they were than the Steelers, but still managed to lose!

Get real. Talking some crap before a game is sports, it's called gamesmenship.

The problem with the BR touchdown is in the rules, in a reply there has to be overwhelming evidence to overturn the call, and when you are talking inches it's not very overwhelming. The DJack TD he pushed off before the ball was thrown, I don't see what the problem is.

DJack's arm went out just a moment before the ball arrived. I don't think he pushed off, but I think it looked like that to the ref.

If I was the ref reviewing the BR TD, I don't think I could have over-ruled because, as it's stated in the rules, there wasn't "overwhelming" evidence he DIDN'T make it.

And whether or not you call it "gamesmenship", I think Stevens dug himself a hole.

That's right that's right, sports-geeks unite!

DJack's arm went out just a moment before the ball arrived. I don't think he pushed off, but I think it looked like that to the ref.

If I was the ref reviewing the BR TD, I don't think I could have over-ruled because, as it's stated in the rules, there wasn't "overwhelming" evidence he DIDN'T make it.

And whether or not you call it "gamesmenship", I think Stevens dug himself a hole.

That's right that's right, sports-geeks unite!

His arm went out before the ball was thrown from what I recall. Regardless there was no contact. It was a poor call, but the state of receiver/db rules is stupid, there should be contact allowed as long as both players are playing for the ball, which really is the rule but it's not called that way.

Stevens dug himself in a hole by not catching the fucking ball! We probably would have won the game if he did.

There's some consolation. Our guys come home to Seattle, they have to go back to Pittsburg.

Very true. The Pittsburgians live in a city with so little else going for it - at least they have a good football team to keep them sane.

Dissin Da Burgh is ignant like Jeremy Stephens and Mike Holmgren!

• 7 years later...
We! I always love how fans take ownership as if THEY are playing in the game.

We!are gonna crush those losers!

Ahhh, the joys of being an armchair Mayton Panning.

Stuperbowl Shmoooperbowl. I got yer bowl right here. Suck it bitches! :poke:

Seahawks by 100! :moondance::argue::rocken::rawk::pagetop:

You mean I don't get a check or anything if Seattle wins? :(

Game aside, I love it when these old posts get bumped. Fun to see some of the old faces that used to inhabit this place.

none more so than your's, good sir, for reasons that are invariably obvious :)

Even more so, his avatars... :)

denalidave, master of the obvious! :P