Rainer in End of Februrary

snowball

Looking for PNW climber who is interested in climbing/attempting rainier this winter. Ive summited rainier 4 times (Kautz, Emmons, DC) in spring and summer. Interested in Gib Ledges or ID for this attempt. My regular climbing partner (my girlfriend) cant make this trip hence i am looking for at least 1 other person who is likewise knowledgable of crevasse rescue (pulleys, etc) and winter climbing. Not looking for a newbie (sorry). I can hold my own and am hoping to find the same in a partner.

I will be driving up from Southern California. My tentative plan is to arrive Feb 23 (or so) to stay in Seattle or at Rainier for 7-10 days and hopefully a weather window appears in that time. At the very least, it would be great to hike to camp muir then decide from there if there is safe passage to the higher worlds. My guess is that you would need to have a fairly flexible schedule cuz a weather window could happen at any time...

Worst comes to worst, i will be going up there to Rainier anyways and hope to meet a partner at muir. Shoot me an PM. Lets see if our interests overlap. FYI, i will be climbing casaval ridge (shasta) with my girlfriend feb 17 weekend, so if ya wanna meet, perhaps you can climb with us (?). Peace, peeps...

fruit.gif

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the reason?

Perhaps this? yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

yellaf.gif oh, that ain't the half of it. I'm not saying 'don't go to Rainier with this guy'. Maybe you should, and maybe you shouldn't. Use your own judgment.

But I will say this - most of us know one or two people who seem like they have a few wires that aren't connected properly (so to speak). Would you climb with such a person a second time ?

rhyang wrote

most of us know one or two people who seem like they have a few wires that aren't connected properly (so to speak). Would you climb with such a person a second time ?

You did. And according to your TR enjoyed it.

Do you know very many people with all their wires connected? Climbers? CCcomers? Yourself?

I just spent twenty minutes reading through five pages of a thread you started about being upset at this guy because he might have ended up with two of your biners. Now you are obviously on a mission to "warn" off any prospective climbers.

It sounds like you had a good time climbing with him on August 20 on North Peak and at Feather Peak on Oct 1-3. You wrote "fun climbing" Yes, I read all your TRs on Climber.org. Most of your climbs were solo. Interesting. God, I know, sometimes I need a life.

Your tirade has guaranteed that there are two people I will never climb with. You're the other one. Too many losers here. It's time to really move on.

Now you are obviously on a mission to "warn" off any prospective climbers.

Someone asked a question, and I answered. As for the five pages of drivel, well that's what happens when people are bored at work yellaf.gif

It sounds like you had a good time climbing with him on August 20 on North Peak and at Feather Peak on Oct 1-3. You wrote "fun climbing"

I won't deny that the climbing itself was fun. I also won't rehash a lot of what else went on in public. If you want details, feel free to PM me. I will make an effort to respond, but not until Feb. 6th, when I get back in town.

I read all your TRs on Climber.org. Most of your climbs were solo.

Like a lot of people, I have climbing partners whom I will continue to climb with. If you wish to draw conclusions based on the trip reports I have written for climber.org, then feel free.

It's time to really move on.

I would agree with you. I certainly won't be dwelling on any of this over the next several days. wave.gif

Now you are obviously on a mission to "warn" off any prospective climbers.

Someone asked a question, and I answered. ...

Guess I need a refresher in reading comprehension. Looks to me like someone posted a simple request for a partner, which was then followed by you whippin' out the flamethrower.

I am up here in seattle. Been tracking the weather... rain/precipitation expected for next week as well (thru MARCH 10!). i am bailing out of here and going to colorado for some ice climbing. Rain sucks.

If there is a weather break the last week of winter (MARCH 10-17) then i will come back up.

humm... i decided to stay cuz rainier is now under clear blue skies. was hiking up on the muir snowfield tday under clear blue skies. making an attempt this weekend with another cc.com-er...

anyone else free this coming week (march 5-11), possibly for a 2nd attempt. where are all those hardcore PNW climbers??? solo-ing it, i suppose. heheehehe.

being on the mountain got me all pyched again.

fruit.gif