There goes another one

Toast

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WooT! Soon to change! Incoming dumbdown, mebbe they will make a line of via ferrata specific footwear now?

Montrail is known for making authentic, premium footwear products for the outdoor enthusiast and the brand has an excellent reputation for fit, quality and use of technology in its footwear

I'm suprised that's all they were worth.

confused.gif Columbia bought Mountain Hardwear for $36 million. I'd say Mountain Hardwear is easily worth 2.4x Montrail. Outdoor businesses aren't worth squat, usually last years sales, barrier of entry to low, brand value too ephemeral.

TNF is now owned by Marshall's or Ross or some shit like that. I forget whom exactly.

I think Montrail's shoes are shit. I've only owned one pair and they fell apart. I've had friends who have had montrails and their's have all fallen apart/delaminated/split/prematurely worn out/etc. Their rock shoes are the ugliest on the market. Their rubber is shit (and no I don't mean "THE SHIT").

I think some of their trail running type shoes (goretex sneakers) were OK from what I've heard. It's nice that they WERE based in Seattle. Maybe that will change now?

Overall, I give Montrail - thumbs_down.gifthumbs_down.gif

Sorry Toast.