Dana's Arch to the top TR

ScottP

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey "Peter Puget":

I just lost ALL respect for you based on your last comment. I was originally under the impression that you were a bright individual interested in the civil exchange of ideas and debate, accompanied by a little good-natured teasing and attempts at wit. Instead, I get the same old trash-talk (which you've never heard from me) that characterizes much of the "discussion" on this site. I want nothing to do with you. Go in peace, pal, I mean that.

- "Dwayner".

As the bolter of Dana's Arch I can say that direct conversation between people on this site is possible. Thru an exchange of friendly PMs with W, why do I think this isn't possible openly on this site?[ 12-06-2001: Message edited by: DCramer ]

[ 12-06-2001: Message edited by: DCramer ]

quote:

Originally posted by MysticNacho:
Scott~

Are you going to tell us where this place is, or is this hush hush? Please?

[ 12-06-2001: Message edited by: MysticNacho ]

I have a question for you. Did you ever climb at Little Si before all the bolts went in and the guide was published? It was a beautiful, pristine place to hang out. Quiet and peaceful. The base of the crags was covered in carpets of moss, lichens and ferns.Now look at it.

I used to think I should publicize the location of Canis Crag, but now... I don't think so.

[ 12-06-2001: Message edited by: ScottP ]

quote:

Originally posted by ScottP:

I have a question for you. Did you ever climb at Little Si before all the bolts went in and the guide was published? It was a beautiful, pristine place to hang out. Quiet and peaceful. The base of the crags was covered in carpets of moss, lichens and ferns.Now look at it.

I used to think I should publicize the location of Canis Crag, but now... I don't think so.

[ 12-06-2001: Message edited by: ScottP ]

Do you think that is because of the climbing guide, or might it had something to do with the highway that is blazed up to the top of Little si??? I don't know, I'm just curious...haven't been around here that long.

If this place is such a secret, why are you talking about it on this public forum? Do you have some thing to prove, or what?

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

Looks like youi got some vegetation issues to deal with there.

AGENT ORANGE IT!

mad.gif" border="0

Actually, it is pretty clean. This parallax view doesn't show the clean sweeps of granite, nor the actual width of the crag.

quote:

Originally posted by Lambone:

Do you think that is because of the climbing guide, or might it had something to do with the highway that is blazed up to the top of Little si??? I don't know, I'm just curious...haven't been around here that long.

If this place is such a secret, why are you talking about it on this public forum? Do you have some thing to prove, or what?

Right there with you on this one Lambone. That is why I am trying to figure out why he is sprayin about it and even sending images etc.

Canis Crag? What kind of a sissy name is that anyway? Sounds like an English teacher named it or something. Note that is does rhyme with anus Crag, or anus rag, shag, drag?

You really oughta rename it Double Dead Dog Wall.

That's what I think,Chuck [big Drink][big Drink][big Drink][big Drink][big Drink][big Drink]

quote:

Originally posted by ScottP:
I posted the image in response to Chuck's malevolent request that you post the directions.

Malevolent?? There you go with those english-teacher words again.

Sorry for the perceived malevolence. It's just that I've been hearing about these damn Two Terminated Terriers Terraces for so damn long ( Google doesn't even have the original[?]rec.climbing posts anymore) I felt I needed to go to extreme measures to find some closure on this issue.

As for other provocative topics, where does this "Lucy" nickname come from? Is there some story behind this?

Chuck

[big Drink][big Drink][big Drink][big Drink][big Drink][big Drink]

quote:

Originally posted by chucK:

Malevolent?? There you go with those english-teacher words again.

Sorry for the perceived malevolence. It's just that I've been hearing about these damn Two Terminated Terriers Terraces for so damn long ( Google doesn't even have the original[?]rec.climbing posts anymore) I felt I needed to go to extreme measures to find some closure on this issue.

Issue closed.

quote:

As for other provocative topics, where does this "Lucy" nickname come from? Is there some story behind this?

Chuck

In 1975, a paleontologist named Donald Johansen found the first complete hominid skeleton in the Great Rift Valley of Africa. He nicknamed the female skeleton Lucy. Lucy was, in effect, a cavewoman.

BTW, both of my parents were english teachers.

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:
Whatever ScottP. I bet if we met we would certainly get along fine. Unless you are gay or something. Have fun at your secret Dead Dog Crag. Looks like fun.

That's what I have always thought. (Does this mean that you're not going to hit me in the melon with a club and kick me in the nuts?)

BTW, I'm not gay.

smile.gif" border="0

Dwayner –

Reading your last post I couldn’t help but to think of that little blonde girl in Little House on the Prairie. You know the spoiled shop keepers daughter. Anyway thanks for at one point holding me in high esteem. Now that I have fallen from favor, I feel that the “poster of the year” title is a distinct possibility. While logic, reason, fairness and self control have often been lacking in your posts, they have a facile charm and at least for this site at certain original flair. Yet slowly creeping in is a repetitiveness that I do believe is threatening your status here in the CC.com community. For example, please review your earlier posts to this very thread. Perhaps the fan mail you have received has lifted you to such high a level that the air is so rarefied as to impede your thinking. Maybe a sabbatical is in order. Have a good weekend – and I really really mean that.

Peter

By the way where is that crag?

P.P. I ain't familiar with that favorite Prairie Show of yours but I'll take it as a compliment. (Was she hot?) I'm not trying to compete in a popularity contest or whatever it is you're striving for and there is no need to reread my own prior posts. So I'm repetitive? So I'm repetitive? So I'm repetitive? So I'm repetitive? So I'm repetitive? I thought I told you that I didn't want to hear from you again. I thought I told you that I didn't want to hear from you again. I thought I told you that I didn't want to hear from you again.

Your sincerity regarding your wishes to me for a joyous weekend is seriously in question. However, I really do hope you have a fun and safe one. However, I hope you have a fun and safe one.

- Dwayner

- Dwayner

quote:

Originally posted by chucK:
Canis Crag? What kind of a sissy name is that anyway? Sounds like an English teacher named it or something. Note that is does rhyme with anus Crag, or anus rag, shag, drag?

You really oughta rename it Double Dead Dog Wall.

That's what I think,Chuck

Canis= latin for dogPronounced "can" as in trash can, "is" as in "miss"I originally named it Dead Dog Wall, but the alliteration in Canis Crag flows better.Either way, it is a pretty cool place to hang out.

quote:

Originally posted by Lambone:

The trail had been there long before I first started climbing there. I don't think the trail had as much to do with it as the number of routes and the proximity to Seattle

quote:

I have nothing to prove. If you look back earlier in this thread, you will see that Lucy...I mean that cavedude brought it up. A while back, I jokingly offered to sell the directions to the highest bidder in the Garage Sale forum. At that time, I mentioned as how I might post the directions after I had done a couple of the lines I had my eye on. That is all. As far as I am concerned, the subject is dropped unless someone asks me more about it.

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:

Right there with you on this one Lambone. That is why I am trying to figure out why he is sprayin about it and even sending images etc.

You're the one who brought up the subject. I posted the image in response to Chuck's malevolent request that you post the directions.

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman on 12/5:
What I am is an Angry Climber. Scott you are sooo cool. By the way. Why do you bother to send me private messages of topos to a crag and no directions? I dont care what route you did. Just what route I am gonna do.

To which I resonded:"Lucy, you're an idiot. It wasn't a climbing topo, it was a topo map. You know, like with roads and trails and those elevation lines that are really close together that show where the steep stuff is.I sent it to you because late last spring I told you I would tell you where it was, bonehead.Just trying to be nice.A big mistake on my part, thinking you would appreciate the attempt"

Remember?

[ 12-07-2001: Message edited by: ScottP ]