Dana's Arch to the top TR

ScottP

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just siting here reading this B.S. while studying for a communications exam- I thought some of the terms would be applicable- attack on a person:critisizing an opponent, rather than the opponent's argument. Building on an unproven assumption: treating an opinion that is open to question as if it were already proven. Strawman: a weak opponent or dubious argument set up that it can be easily defeated. Symposium: a meeting featuring short addresses by different people on the same topic. [laf] Thanks for helping me study, guys. [laf]

quote:

Originally posted by MysticNacho:
Tuna Taco?! Thats it. This is where I draw the line. I've heard "Nacho", "Mystic", "Nystic Macho", "Mystic Macho", "Fishstick Nacho", and even "Mystic-fishtaco". "Mystic Gerbil" and "Mystic Hamster" are understandable, but pushing it. BUT "TUNA TACO"!?!?!?!?!? That's just unnecessary. That's just downright mean. The others are clever, but Tuna Taco? Better recognize!

Yeah Lord knows ya can't tune a taco!

Good morning, Peter. Your acumen for presenting evidence out of context and consequently reversing its meaning/intent is unparalleled. There, I said something nice about Peter today. You might dig up (and repost, if you're man enough) the post to which I replied.

Enough of this nonsense....there's only one way to solve this ugly mess of name calling, sloppy thinking, and ethical quagmires...bring it to the court of final resort...LET BIG LOU DECIDE!

- Dwayner

P.S. If Big Lou is busy, Dwayner 'n Pope will be pleased to let you know what life is all about.

Pope - Interested parties can easily look up your posts by using your ID#. From your last post and the one I posted I can easily imagine you at he keyboard deciding between epilepsy and cataplexy. That short pause as sweat forms on your brow, muscles involuntarily twitching as the inevitable choice is made.

Dwayner – Fill your up your love cup! And stuff you bra cups as well. I think once you step out of your closet and let Donna free you and Pope will feel much better - certainly less uptight and looser. Sure your families might be put off for awhile, but your CC.com family will never abandon you. Hugs.

Peter

Keep those PMs coming. Your encouragement and, ok I’ll admit it, sometimes criticisms are helping me to become all the poster I can be. Remember: Take the “T” out of poster and it’s…. Vote Peter Puget for poster of the year. Jon – How are the votes running now?

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:
Flamethrower on da bitch
smile.gif" border="0
I dont see any offwidth or chimney?

The chimneys kinda groty. It makes up the left-hand corner of the obvious buttress you see in the picture.

The offwidth can't be seen from this view. If you bisect the picture lateral and longitudinal, you will see an overhang in the lower left quadrant. The offwidth goes through that. It is a wicked looking thing.

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:
French Free that shit. Sounds like some alpine shit
grin.gif" border="0

The elevation is around 3000'

The OW looks aesthetic. The chimney doesn't.I have done 3 routes now and there is room for probably 75-100. It's a cool spot despite the fetid carcasses.

quote:

Originally posted by ScottP:

The elevation is around 3000'

The OW looks aesthetic. The chimney doesn't.I have done 3 routes now and there is room for probably 75-100. It's a cool spot despite the fetid carcasses.

Fetid carcasses? Good gravy man, whats going on down there? Osama's not hiding under the overhang, is he?

where is this place of wonder, by the way?

[ 12-06-2001: Message edited by: MysticNacho ]

quote:

Originally posted by MysticNacho:

Fetid carcasses? Good gravy man, whats going on down there? Osama's not hiding under the overhang, is he?

where is this place of wonder, by the way?

[ 12-06-2001: Message edited by: MysticNacho ]

There are two dead dogs at the base of this crag, complete with collars and leashes. They look to be a matching set based on the terrier-like fur. My guess is they were on a walk with the owners and either fell or were tossed from the top.