Thermofitting boots for free??

selkirk

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Selkirk I'd suggest finding someone who is really good at it, that knows how to shim and stuff. I've had mine done at a pretty reputable ski shop basically with the tomtom method and they came out horrible.

Try calling Jim Nelson at PMS or Steve Forsythe at Centerline Ski and Boot in Bellevue. Steve is probably the best bootfitter in the area.

If you want a real bootfitting, which is different than merely molding the liners, follow jons advice. Everyone who has done it thinks it worth the $, but they often have odd feet.

Otherwise just mold them yourself. I've done them at home and had a store do them. At least one of the home moldings came out better than the store.

• 2 months later...

biggest problem with doing themo liners at home is that people generally do not put a cap on their toes before inserting them into the warm liner to create a pocket for their toes to wiggle around in. and you say it has a several fits left? i would say that done correctly you have about 3 fits total with a new liner.