Fossil rock

spineguy

A couple of years ago, a friend and I tried to check out fossils rock, but turned away because of signs saying vehicles would be towed. So here's my question. What is the best way to access the crags, and can you park there now? also I've heard access is limited at times d/t logging, is there any way of knowing when this is? Any info would be great. thumbs_up.gif

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have usually parked and ridden in on mountain bike from the vail rd entrance. Logging does happen on the weekdays and the gate is usually open but you will be locked in if you stay late or they punch out for miller time early. Logging trucks are especially scary when encountered in their natural habitat.

Pope and I once got stuck in and randomly found a small gated community, we got to their locked entry gate but had to wait till someone came home to let us out.

I would make a nice day of it and ride mountain bike or motorized "scooter".

Durning the week enter at the end of Piessner road at 1.7 miles past the Weyerhauser gate cross the 1000 road and past another gate, continueing up hill only to the end of the logging road to trail to crag. on Sundays you can enter from bald hill road 2 miles up the 1000 road turn right and a gate, uphill only to crag , with a little stealth you can climb there anytime, definately a podunk crag experience.

PM or email with your phone # and a time durning the evening if you require any more beta

Oooh, Mr. Chirp, tell us the story of Pope in the land of sport routes with bolt on holds! wave.gif

I want to hear about this too! yelrotflmao.gif

I have known "Pope", since the Tacoma Mountaineers basic climbing course in about 1984/5.

I don't feel that I can comment at this time without violating some sacred trust. However, if anyone in the greater Tacoma area can allow me to scan some slides, I may be able to provide some insight into the complexities of the 1980's in reference to this topic thru another medium. evils3d.gif