Backcountry Skiing?? - Tumbler Ridge, BC

yoyo

Hi Folks;

Looking for info on backcountry skiing in the Tumbler Ridge area of BC. Planning on a trip to this area in mid March. I've found some info on the Wolverine Nordic & Mountain Society website but looking for more detailed info. In particular the areas of Mt. Crum, Mt Reesor, Mt Jilg, Albright Ridge (or any other suggestions from people familiar with the area). Any information about access to these areas, economical places to stay in the area or any other good information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 years later...

Hi! I arrived in Dawson Creek about a week ago. I was in Squamish for the last 5 months. I've done some trip reports on Bivouac: http://bivouac.com//UsrPg.asp?UsrId=33611 most of the ski trips are not there. I went out 21 times so far this year, 19 times in the back country. Its my first year but it seam that I'm picking up quickly. I did passed my AVI 1 in Whistler. I can shovel quick and deep as well. Some of the trips so far include Black Tusk, Tricouni, Duffey Lake (4 days), Brandywine, Waddington Hut (6 days), Metal Dome, Rainbow Mtn, Paul's Ridge many times, Gargoyles, Columnar etc... I took a ski lesson at Cypress and at that moment the teacher said I was in between intermediate and advanced. I got all my gear, including an air bag system. I will be studying wind turbines maintenance at Northern Light for the next year. The course start tomorrow. I might be able to go out after school on weeks day (after 4:30pm?) as well. Until then, I'll keep jugging at the running track and climbing at the aquatic center (I will set up a membership at Fitness 4 Life as well). I got all my camping gear here with me as well.

I do not have a phone but I can use skype, I prefer email communication

Dom