2nd Annual CC.com Photo Contestizzle VOTING

jon

Humor  

327 members have voted

1. 1. Humor

OK FOLKS HERE IT IS. First off, it was really hard for us to narrow down the photos, there were lots of good photos, but there were some really awesome ones and we had to choose ones we really thought were likely to win. Thanks to everyone who submitted photos and sorry if yours didn't get choosen but there was some still competition.

Instructions: Go through the photos for each category and vote for the one you think is the best. Pretty easy!

Winners we be announced on Feb 1.

Humor

11562sketch.jpg

2gallery_6_8_420859.jpg

33363Old_Faithful.jpg

443422humor.jpg

5tn_tomout.jpg

6140humor1.jpg

Scenic

1455Snoqualmie_Falls.jpg

21282Nevada.jpg

33363Exum_Ridge1.jpg

45795IMG_5693_S_-med.JPG

52583MoonCliff-med.jpg

6tn_anwrhulahula.jpg

7smP1010135.jpg

838808-med.jpg

9140scenic5.jpg

10FitzroyCC.jpg

113686scenic.jpg

12fitzroy_morning_reflectionbrd.jpg

136323Ptarmigan_Rdg-Dawn.jpg

Climbing

13712Mox_Peak_0581-med.jpg

2522237-toclaraju_peru_panorama3small.jpg

3357fri4.JPG

4119Pinnacle_Summit_Small-med.jpg

55913IMG_1379.JPG

6775Canadian_Rockies_Aug_04_016.jpg

7801Hood_Reid.jpg

84764juliahoopdancer.JPG

944794479skyridge2.jpg

10silverstar_stretchbrd.jpg

Bouldering

13256point_053small-med.jpg

2136bouldering_o2-med.jpg

3zero_friction_pic_6526.jpg

44764jonnybhagbouldering01web.jpg

Ice

1357xwistenp.JPG

2tn_caribouice.jpg

3140ice1.jpg

4dave_and_cavebrd.jpg

54479loren_resize.jpg

6775Rockies_Ice_Winter_04_050-med.jpg

Skiing

1couloirking.JPG

23062PIC000601.JPG

3522924-turns2.jpg

4tn_bwski1cropped.jpg

54764timtable.JPG

Edited by jon

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I expected much better and more photos for the climbing and bouldering categories. Kind of disappointing.

The scenic category rocks. Too bad we couldn't choose two. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Secnic Pic#3 should have been in "Climbing" I think.

edit: I didn't mean to insult the work of Jon and the photo selection committee, though apparently I did. Here is a copy of a relevant PM exchange I just had:

I haven't looked at what photos you had to choose from, so I can't comment on the selection, but I'm disappointed in the quality of photos in those categories.

I assume this not due to your selection, but to the overall sub-par quality of photos you probably had to choose from in those categories. CC.comers need to get out and take more and better climbing action shots. The Cascades are a beautiful place; lets show em off!

And maybe some of the good photographers on this site could give some pointers so we can get some better action shots in the future? Any recommended "how-to" reading? RC.com has a whole forum dedicated to the subject.

i tried voting and it said "you have already voted in this pole"

that sucks, oh well, let's hear it for whoever I voted for.

Try logging out, resetting the cookie, log back in, and try voting again. If that doesn't work I can go back into the system and poke around. Worse case you can PM me what you want to vote for and I can manually add them in.

Would be nice in future years to have a minimum resolution established... at least 1024x768.

Skiing #1 disappoints me: contrast is too blown out.

Bouldering shots overall were disappointing. All were landscapish dude-on-boulder shots, nor with especially spectacular scenery/lighting. Bouldering shots more in the line of Climbing #8 would have been nice -- closeups of dynamic moves. But none were submitted? I say axe the category and put in more categories for climbing. There are several fantastic climbing shots.

Another point is that I have much less tolerance for technical and compositional flaws for bouldering than for climbing. Alpine climbing is under time pressure and tight restrictions for camera positioning. For bouldering, you have all day to figure things out, and the dude doesn't even need to stick the move for you to get the good photograph.

Distel, these are the bouldering photos I'd like to see.

Dynamic movement, and lots of muscle.

http://students.washington.edu/ccharles/squamish/squamish.html

I don't have any of my own bouldering shots, as I don't boulder. At most I have some "bouldering" shots that would count as humor.

Now Gary that's just not fair. Posting pictures of a Charles Family Outing is like having Brad Pitt sell tighty-whities. We all know tighty-whities and pebble wrestlin' are super lame, but gott' damn if they don't make it look super hot. hahaha.gif

Oh man that sounded soooo flamer. rolleyes.gif