Ingalls Peak & John the Solo-man

Pencil_Pusher

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw this dude solo up Ingalls Peak on Sunday. It was my first time looking down at someone climbing up something I had just climbed, just unroped. It's all solid, I'm sure, just a bit too airy for me to do that.

Sunday was a beautiful day for climbing. The smoke from the fires seems to be contained in the Icycle Creek area, the skies around were mostly clear.

I was very happy to go back to this climb and do the first pitch, easy at it is, we missed it last year. Also, I feel good knowing I am moving more smoothly and going faster. Not as fast nor as good as alot here, but it's a very proud feeling I get going back there and to other areas that stymied me last year.

Still got that damn rope stuck on the rappel like last year. Don't tie a knot, plenty-o-cracks.

Ingalls Lake is very scenic and it was especially nice just taking our time with this trip and soaking in the sun.

Like last year there were quite a few folks on route. There are different lines to take along the face so you can move past if need be.

Did you see the boulderers? Those guys rock! We were having a snack at the lake when 2 guys showed up with crash pads! I said something to them lauphing. But they were in no mood for joking. One of the guys plopped down his pad, and with a very serious look, began pointing out boulder problems and difficulty ratings to his buddy. - alpine bouldering is very serious business.