Boreal Ice Masters

FFCS

Just thought I would let people know about a great product I just purchased. Just got my new Ice Masters yesterday, and they are awesome boots. Great fit, light, well built. Look forward to trying them out on some ice shortly. I looked at Kayland M11's (couldn't find them), and La Sprtiva Trango Ice Evo's (too much heel lift)originally but found these boots on sale at Mountain Gear. The staff at Mountain Gear are really helpful, and knowledgeable. They fit the boots perfectly after I faxed them a tracing of my foot. Would definately recommend these boots to anyone looking for a comfortable, light, warm boot, and for $298 can't beat the price.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thought I would let people know about a great product I just purchased. Just got my new Ice Masters yesterday, and they are awesome boots. Great fit, light, well built. Look forward to trying them out on some ice shortly. I looked at Kayland M11's (couldn't find them), and La Sprtiva Trango Ice Evo's (too much heel lift)originally but found these boots on sale at Mountain Gear. The staff at Mountain Gear are really helpful, and knowledgeable. They fit the boots perfectly after I faxed them a tracing of my foot. Would definately recommend these boots to anyone looking for a comfortable, light, warm boot, and for $298 can't beat the price.

Just curious to know if you mean Mountain Tools instead of Mountain Gear ...

If you have used boots long enough, you know how a boot is going to perform based on the intial walking around the house for a day. I guess for me using this web site is a great information source, and I appreciate it when people post on products they are happy with, even if they are just commenting on the quality of a product. Personally, I don't care to spend my time looking for posts to bash, sorry if it wasted your time. Yes, Mountain Tools in California.

If you have used boots long enough, you know how a boot is going to perform based on the intial walking around the house for a day. I guess for me using this web site is a great information source, and I appreciate it when people post on products they are happy with, even if they are just commenting on the quality of a product. Personally, I don't care to spend my time looking for posts to bash, sorry if it wasted your time. Yes, Mountain Tools in California.

I'm not bashing your post. Your gushing, unabashed enthusiasm for the product struck me as odd. There's a rather large distinction between how you THINK a product will perform, and whether it actually DOES. If you are "just commenting on the quality of a product" then you might wait; quality in boots for most folks includes an indication of durability over time wave.gif

No need to get upset. Anyway, sounds like they perform great in your living room. What is the boot size again, and what size are your feet ? One of my climbing partners may soon be needing new boots. Do you find that your toes or heels are especially wide / narrow ? That kind of info is also important to know with boots.

Let us know how warm they are and how they walk later on, if you could thumbs_up.gif