Identify Route Pls.

telemarker

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks farther west than that to me. Dihedral wall maybe? I seem to remember that route is renound for off balance left facing corners down low on the route. That is what it looks like in the picture. Having said that, what do I know, I have never climbed on that side of the hill. Where did the picture come from?

I think it's east of Diheadral....Maybe Cosmos?.....Excalibur? The angling diheadrals on the Diheadral wall are much lower down. This pitch looks to be at least 3/4 the way up the wall. The two routes I mentioned above both have vertical corner systems higher up. I have not done either of these two routes, but it is deffinately to climbers right of Diheadral wall.

I think it is excalibur

I think you are right. If I'm not mistaken the ledge below them is Guenevere's bivy, which is at the top of P12. That would put this pic about the top of P15 the .11c 5" OW after the left angling expando flake, or even the top of P16 the .12 that has some face climbing at the top heading left. Hard to say without ever being there. I have been around the corner left....looking at the topo of Excalibur that is my best guess. What do you think of that assesment Wimsey? Have you done that wide mutha?