Downtown Lunch Spots

Weekend_Climberz

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey...Nordstrom corporate office....the cafe. Called the Dish. It's open to the public...and it's HIGHLY subsidized. 10th floor.

The courthouse cafe is also sweet! Super yumm and pretty cheap!

By the gym in the convention center...underneath...Not sure what it's called..but it's the juice place. They have AWESOME brown rice and vegi bowls...the thai curry is super yumm!!

There's always subway.

And taco del mar...double punch mondays!!

WC...You work in my neck of the woods....

Even closer: in the Westlake Mall food court the Indian place is cheap and good.

thumbs_up.gif A few years ago, I did a two-month temp job in the corporate offices of The Bon, and ate there a whole lot.

And taco del mar...double punch mondays!!

cheeburga_ron.gif there on average twice a week for the past couple years. Good all times of year, but esp. in winter... when it's all gloomy out, all the beach/tropical decor and reggae music can't help but cheer ya up.

I could probably name 3/4 of the TDM locations in the Seattle area. fruit.gif

Aahhh, Salumi. Truly the best. Cured meat heaven. Glasses of Italian table wine. Small, packed (sometimes hard to get a seat), truly a classic joint in a city where there aren't so many. Will cost close to/+ $10 though.

Jones Barbeque also. The closest to downtown is in a small strip mall on Utah?, 1/2 block E of the intersection light btw. Starbucks and Home Depot off of 1st. Behind Earthwise. Awesome.

Unfortunately both are "pilgrimage" distance from Pacific Place.

I can't believe this hasn't been mentioned: ZUM-ZUM! 3rd and Columbia (by the tower). awesome pakistani food, cheap and plentiful. but if you eat there every day your wallet won't be the only fatter thing. Try the chicken spinach.

baguette box and honey hole are both great sandwich shops on the hill. and who can forget salumi.

Two of my cheap favorites that are a short bus ride from Pacific Place are; Than Brothers on Broadway - under $5 for medium bowl of Pho and Seattle Deli one block north of Jackson st. 225 12th Ave S. $2.00 for a BBQ Pork Sandwich (Vietnamese)on realy good bread. Across the street from Seattle Deli is Malay Satay Hut(Malayian) 212 12th Ave S - truly amazing combination of Indian and Asian flavors.

Seattle Deli one block north of Jackson st. 225 12th Ave S. $2.00 for a BBQ Pork Sandwich (Vietnamese)on realy good bread.

The Vietnamese sammy place in the strip mall across 12th from Seattle Deli reigns supreme. 2 tofu spring rolls and a spicy pork sammy for $3.50 . . . hard to beat.

Not that cheap but Specialty's Bakery has the most amazing cookies, and a big variety. There's one downtown on third, one by Uwajimaya, and they're building one in City Center, where Briaz used to be across from WaMu.

Just thinking about dem cookies makes me hungry. But alas I've sworn off sugar as my New Year's Resolution. cry.gif

Anybody know a decent pho place in the downtown core? The place right east of the Market's a little dirty, and I don't know of any other spots.

Anyone tried the take-away Vietnamese sammiches that Bambuza does during lunch? They have a little place just west of the main restaurant that's just open at lunchtime.

Edited by marylou