Geek magnet

archenemy

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think "geek" encompasses many different types of people. In my last job I worked with a bunch of software testers and developers, all of whom would probably be considered geeks.

I found they were quite varied, though. Many were potbellied and geeky looking, but others clearly worked out, a bunch of rode motorcycles. My coworker, who looked like the classic geek--fat, balding, glasses--was a really cool guy with 4 kids and scads of grandchildren.

Some people start in other fields and end up in "geek" fields. And/or have hobbies that are more right brain.

So, what attracts "geeks" likely varies as much as they. Except for the usual guy things, of course.

I think "geek" encompasses many different types of people. In my last job I worked with a bunch of software testers and developers, all of whom would probably be considered geeks.

I found they were quite varied, though. Many were potbellied and geeky looking, but others clearly worked out, a bunch of rode motorcycles. My coworker, who looked like the classic geek--fat, balding, glasses--was a really cool guy with 4 kids and scads of grandchildren.

Some people start in other fields and end up in "geek" fields. And/or have hobbies that are more right brain.

So, what attracts "geeks" likely varies as much as they. Except for the usual guy things, of course.

dude, way too much thought went into that.

Typically geeks are attracted to anyone who doesn't have a restraining order against them.