Counting the days....

EWolfe

I don't know how you learned to speak, Dru, but a day "of" rain does not necessarily mean 24 hours non-stop rain to anybody but maybe you.

Why don't you stick to law and leave hydrology and climatology to people who know something about it? cool.gif

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why don't you stick to law and leave hydrology and climatology to people who know something about it? cool.gif

Why don't you just stick to speaking English the way the rest of us do and leave semantics to people who care?

Most of us on this board are not hydrologists, and when we say "it rained for two days," or "we had a week straight of rain in the Bugaboos," we don't mean it never let up at all.

Technical English is not subject to legal argument. If catbird says "An element" he doesn't mean the car from Honda, or fire, the way an alchemist would have. Same when discussing days "with" rain or days "of" rain - it's technical English. Which is what we are discussing - how many days it has rained. So to claim that the two are equivalent is ignorant. fruit.gif

well that article can suck my left nut.

98 was my first winter here and I barely survived it with my sanity.

93 days. burned in my memory.

Something in there certainly burned.

you probably win awards for your remarkable grasp of the obvious.

In 1998-99, we had 93 days of rain .. not in a row. If you can grasp that, semantics should play no role in your interpretation of the events. The maximum number of consecutive days it has ever rained in Seattle is 33 (since records have been kept). Our current streak is at 22 days. It has never rained in Seattle for 93 consecutive days (meaning measurable [>.001 inch]precipitation on each day for 93 consecutive days).

http://www.komotv.com/stories/41209.htm

I remember that stretch of rain well. It was my first year out here from Colorado. Regardless of nitpicking about specifics, it blew. I moved back to CO in the summer. This winter is reminiscent of that vibe. Pretty bleak, a grey, soggy city. Coffee can only help so much. Need to get up and ski.

Edited by crazy_t

This is not directed at anyone in particular, but if you are complaining about rain, then you are saying you liked last winter more!? I mean, its snowing like shit in the mountains, what more do you want??

I pity those that are afraid of the snow and live in the PNW. Must suck to live for those "30 year winters"....