Garmont Adrenalin AT Boots

robert

I am wondering if anyone has any comments on the tourability of the Garmont Adrenalins. I am considering getting a pair. They feel great for the decent, but I am not sure how will they will skin. If anyone has done any climbing in them I would love to hear about their performance there too. That is not going to be a big portion of my use, but it will happen occasionally.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might send a PM to gaper jeffy at telemarktips.com. He has had this boot for some time now.

I believe any boot is "tourable", it's simply a question of priorities and the amount of weight you are willing to tolerate. I have had great tours using Lange Comp 120 racing boots with Freerides, and I guarantee the Adrenalin tours "better" than that setup.

I have wide feet and that was the reason I bought them. They are good for touring and I don't have reason to be unhappy. Problem is that they are overkill for my skiing abilities.

I feel ashamed that as begginer skier I have them. I tried few Scarpa models and they killed me.

Good skier can do magic in Adrenalins.

My initial goal is to buy Dynafit Aero model but I couldn't try them anywhere in Vancouver.

CJ001f/Robert,

My apologies for price mixup. I should check this before posting reply on yor post.

blush.gif

Still I think you can have better deal in Cham3 if you nagotiate.

Service was bad. It was frustrating. madgo_ron.gif I agree.

At the end it was OK because I don't have unlimited budget.

There is no better service level than here in Canada/USA. For sure. Europe is far behind.

I never ordered anything from Telemark-Pyrenees and I heard they are very good.

Edited by Zoran

I sent an email to T-P and they responed right away with a price of $455 and told me that they ship via UPS and it should only take 3-5 days to get them. I wasn't doubting your price CJ, but taking the opportunity to make contact and see how they responded. I have never bought from a european gear store, but I think I may give it a try. I don't have an unlimited budget, but I have had plenty of frusturating experiences with internet purchases gone bad that I wouldn't take that risk to save only a few dollars. The difference between the REI price and the T-P price is enough to get me to try them though. I will post my experience after I get my boots.

Thanks. That makes me feel a bit better about the prospect.

They'll give you a UPS tracking number (if that's the message you select) so you can track it all the way. And if it doesn't show you can always challenge the cc charge. I've bought dozens of items from Europe/Asia - it's really quite painless, as long as you don't need a return.

One comment.

I ship stuff all the time to and from Europe. I am shipping (often but not always) to and from New York City, so your mileage may vary.

DHL sucks donkey poo in delivering in the USA. It's fantastic in turkey, but for some reason, their setup especially here in NYC sucks sucks sucks.

UPS is totally superior in delivering in the USA in my experience.

(if anybody cares, in my experience they're comparable in Europe.)

They'll give you a UPS tracking number.

I love the package tracking website. Unfortunately, when I have a pack to track it becomes almost a burden. For some reason when waiting for some new gear this week it became incredibly important for me to know when they reached Hermiston, Oregon on their trip from Salt Lake City to Seattle. That was the only stop that occurred during the day and because my order came in three separate shipments after the first one I knew the route and when they should be where to arrive on time.

I just bought a pair from Telemark Pyrenees ($455).

I ordered them last night. Placed the order at about 8:00pm and they are already on the UPS truck taking them to the airport. We will see if everything is in order when they arrive, but right now I have nothing but great things to say about Telemark Pyrenees. thumbs_up.gif