Sell me...

OlegV

Need:

INSULATED PANTS (like ID Denali pants, medium)

OVERBOOTS (40 below, size 10 plastic boots)

SNOWSHOES (MSR)

SHOVEL (metal, light)

I won't pay much, will go with used or cosmetically unappealing items, photos are welcomed. As unexpectedly as it sounds, in this money world, grin.gif I would also borrow any of these items.

ovarlamov@yahoo.com

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shoot, we are the same blood, bro! I don't think you have overboots though, don't you? OK, lecture me on insulated pants and what to wear, seriously - since you've been there.

That’s what I have in mind to wear on Denali (if I ever make it there):

Lower body:

1) long warm underwear(I go with 'Bask' polatrec thermal underwear)

2) Shcoller climbing pants - for everyday use.

3) Insulated pants

4) Gortex shell

Feels like my b.lls are sweating already. Probably can leave scholler behind. Hmm. Or leave insulated pants and bring underwear/shcoller/fleece/gortex.. Shoot, where is my old russian blood - I remember -40C frosty winter in Moscow - you just wear regular pants plus wool pants and bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

Upper body:

1) long underwear

2) long wool shirt

3) Fleece (can't decide what’s the best one)

4) K2-proof down jacket

5) Gortex shell

What is nice for a climb like that is something like the patagonia puffball pants. light, compactible, pretty warm and full zips for easy on-off. a lot of potential cold down-days when they would be tasty. And they might come in handy part of summit day, and could be zipped off, put in the pack and you're moving again in 2 minutes.

Edited by crazy_t

Well, something more technical than West Butt - like West Rib or Cassin. I am open to the North Side as well. Grade VI - no, grade V - maybe, grade IV- definetly,

WI-3 -yes, WI-4 maybe, WI-5 unlikely,

5.4 - yes, 5.8 - maybe, 5.10 - no.

oleg - i have some overboots you can try and see if they fight w/ your cramps n' boots

i was comfy on a very cold n' windy summit day w/ the following setup:

for the lower body: silk and expedition weight long underwear combo-meal, shell bibs (i think i carried my fleece pants too but didn't put 'em on), overboots

upper: expedition weight long underwear, fleece sweater, shell jacket, humongous down jacket

why not go like my crazy mofo iranian boy though? he went san overboots and puff-daddy - just in a goddamn fleece jacket and goretex! said he wasn't cold at all - this is why i know his damn government is lying to us about the nukes!

• 3 weeks later...