New Smith Guide

alexbaker

Is it out? I think they should seriuosly consider changing the rating of spiderman from a 3 pitch 5.7 to a one pitch 5.6c/d.

Also, that crack at the begining of the west face of monkey face is misgraded. (The real west face)

I think it felt much more like C1+ than 5.11.

I mean seriuosly, who rated that shit? Is it too late to change it?

Oh ya, to whoever is making the new book. Make sure you still call the west face variation the 13a variation. I love telling girls in the parking lot i climbed the 13a on monkey face.

Oh ya, and to all the people who sit at morning glory wall with down coats on in the summer heat while their dog chews on my rope, wtf? I dont hate you, your probably a good person, but i just dont understand.

Thanks for listening

alex fruit.gif

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it out? I think they should seriuosly consider changing the rating of spiderman from a 3 pitch 5.7 to a one pitch 5.6c/d.

Also, that crack at the begining of the west face of monkey face is misgraded. (The real west face)

I think it felt much more like C1+ than 5.11.

I mean seriuosly, who rated that shit? Is it too late to change it?

You are a retard.

I heard that Alans computer crashed with all the info in it! Don't know if it's just talk, but that is what I heard and that he had had it, and threw in the towel on the guide. The new cover looks nice. Does anyone actually have a copy of one?

I sent Alan an e-mail to ask the man himself. He said that he had been working full time on the book for the past four months and he will need another two months to finish the intro chapter, take photo's, and draw some maps. He said the book was done other than that. I also sent him a copy of the picture of the front cover that "Camilo" posted. He said that wasn't his photo for his guide book. It looks like the new Smith Guide Book is still two months away according to Alan.

I acctually recevied an email from Alan Watts requesting info on new routes I put up out in the marsupials. So I belive he is acctually working hard on it to include everything, and to get the book finished.

what new routes did you put up in the marsupials?

I acctually recevied an email from Alan Watts requesting info on new routes I put up out in the marsupials. So I belive he is acctually working hard on it to include everything, and to get the book finished.

what new routes did you put up in the marsupials?

loose hookers, and chosstranaut both aid lines though chosstaranaut still needs to be finished

Edited by corvallisclimb

loose hookers, and chosstranaut both aid lines though chosstaranaut still needs to be finished

is one of those on the mudpile? if not where are they? who are you climbing these with?

you should contact me sometime when you visit this side of the cascades. i'm currently working on some routes out there as well. maybe we could partner up for the long walk. i'm mostly into free climbing though.

Edited by markd

• 2 weeks later...