tooth conditions.....need by tonight...possible?

highclimb

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Aidan!

Did you venture Tooth-wards yesterday? How were the snow conditions, trail, etc.?

Snow conditions suck like nearly everywhere else? (Did a route on Guye Peak last weekend and the descent involved lots of deep post-holing.)

Loads of Mountaineers up there kicking stuff down?

Almost went up there myself yesterday but wanted to avoided the masses. Maybe later this week.

Thanks in advance for the reconn.

- Donna

Donna,

all i can say is......FUCKING ZOO.

the approach was nice we went up the right side of the valley and came down the left. we followed tracks of other people and used no floatation. we had to wait in line to get on the route. going up was ok because the "big" crowd was behind us but coming down took.....get this.....2 Hours! luckly we were climbing alongside some nice people and the weather was good.

probably the highlight was glisading from the notch inbetween pinapple peak and that other stumby pinnacle. i sat down at the down and let loose.......FLEW DOWN! it was great!

now for beta......approach id is fine either way you go. the 3rd class rock going up to the base of the route might have some verglas early on the day so be careful! the first pitch is great...no snow..the second pitch great..the thris has a fair amount at the start but probably by the end of the week most of it will be gone. the last pitch is great. walking up to the summit from the last tree is snowy and slipery even in makalus so be careful again!

have a great trip and be PATIENT smile.gif!

Aidan