• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
roboboy

[TR] Joshua Tree NP - Various 1/1/2006

I couldn't say for sure if they were blood or bird shit, so I kept quiet about it. No sense alarming the partner

I wasn't sure whether it was blood or someone's spilled gatorade. I was getting pretty thirsty...hmmm...it was either better-than-average tasting blood or some cheapo sport drink...got me up the climb though!

J-Tree rocks!

Hey Roboby, what were the temps? I see down jackets during the day.

I think that was MisterE with the puffy coat. If we were around camp it would have been early in the morning. I vaguely remember someone saying MisterE was fighting off a virus. He should be back sometime soon to make his own report.

I saw this come up in RC.com today. How not to belay on Toe Jam. We watched at least two parties make this same mistake.

deathbelay5gd.jpg

A picture is worth a thousand words.

According to the same thread on RC.com, there were 3 accidents within 30 minutes in hidden valley.

1 fellow is now dead from head trauma.

Bleak news from the southern california capitol of accidents...

Tasty..........oh just got back from JT in time to watch the SB. More sweet weather and good times with some friends we met from Vancouver Island. Now making plans for Ouray. Oh I do see the weather's getting better up in the NW.......... fruit.gif