Exped Orion Extreme 4-season mountaineering 2-pers

seawallrunner

does anyone here have this tent?

During this week's Boxing Day sales, we were looking at this tent, and it appears rather impressive - roomy, relatively light, airy, not overly expensive either.

I would like to hear your informed thoughts, opinions and experiences with this tent. It's not an overly popular tent (there is only one store in Vancouver that sells it - that I know of) but the specs certainly appear impressive.

Thank you - CWall

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Orion

I haven't used the Orion, but have quite a bit of mileage in their Sirius. The attention to detail and quality of construction of the latter is nothing short of superb.

Re: Polaris.

I'm unsure if they are available in the US due to fire retardancy issues. The last I heard they were not going to be legal in Canada. Try contacting Outdoor Research (the North American distributer) in Seattle. The Polaris is certainly the most interesting single-wall I've ever seen.

Cheers,

GB

Thanks guys!

alakso, that was the only tent by Exped that they had in store. The person manning the tent 'floor' of the store didn't know very much about the Exped tent, this is why I ask.

and thank you, fishstick, for your endorsement of the Sirius - great to hear that it's holding up well.

In particular, I hope to find someone on this board who has this tent and has used it for a while. My Google-fu is failing me, all I find are ebay links and other commercial links - but no reviews or comments from users.

My one-person tent is the Hilleberg Akto, and I'm very happy with it. I noticed that some of the construction details in the Exped tent were similar to the Hilleberg's.

Re: Polaris.

I'm unsure if they are available in the US due to fire retardancy issues. The last I heard they were not going to be legal in Canada. Try contacting Outdoor Research (the North American distributer) in Seattle. The Polaris is certainly the most interesting single-wall I've ever seen.

Hey, I recently bought one of those (Craigslist, half price). Haven't tried it yet, though.