2006 Climbing Goals

sexual_chocolate

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh top secret, yet right under your nose, pope. As a matter of fact, I'll guarantee that you've walked within twenty feet of the big line, and within fifty of the shorty.

Is this your secret project? You're afraid I'll pick your cherry? Don't worry, I last tried sport climbing about 12 years ago and it didn't hold my attention. Looks like a fun top-roped problem for the young tigers.

That's the one. You just hit it before all the snow melts (Mayish, hopefully Teanaway has melted...) and traverse around the waterfall. It's a classic.

That's probably too extreme for my technique (smoothest Stem-Christie in the West). But me and Dwayner have been looking at that hill for some first-descent potential on our expedition-certified beer sled:

File0011.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

May not be all related to climbing directly...but all are motivated by it, so I'll do it this way.

More of:

Training- Strength and cardio.

Climbing outside the Cascades, even if I don't make it to Alaska.

Climbing on rock. Kind of lost the love for it, but it's mandatory to be good at it in the mountains (especially crack) and I'm slowly slipping away from it.

When I can't get out of the Cascades...to spend more time in the North Cascades, and/or being willing to drive all night for weekend trips, and lose sleep.

Oh! I'll throw in ice climbing by itself. I know that people argue that it's the least pure form of climbing (tools are aid, blah blah), but to me, it's the most beautiful and the most challenging medium, and has the sexiest gear by far.

Less of:

Working (on the house and at my job).

Climbing on the Volcanoes (though I still want to do something hard on the North Mowich Face).

Drinking. Easy to tip the bottle more when you're stuck at home more.

These are goals, but I'd like to see at least half of them happen. thumbs_up.gif

this year i want to try to take each day as it comes. live every adventure to it's fullest and do the best i can with what is infront of me.

learn love and live outloud.

i will climb what i can and go where the day takes me becuase that is how i have the most fun.

Simple do more than the two pitches of technical I did this past year. =(

The break was good but it's time to get back to scaring the bloody stuffing out of me again.

I guess my one objective is Lone Eagle Peak up in the Indian Peaks Wilderness. When one doesn't live in the Cascades any longer, one must find alternatives that suffice.

Successfully execute everything I've learned about being the grad student my advisor wants me to be, even if I find it insulting or demeaning. Don't complain or be passive-aggressive about it.

Progress significantly toward graduation. Don't let it bother me that I'm not passionately in love with my research and I really just need the damn PhD credential.

Take summer off and climb!

*Cross over to the heart of darkness (Congo) and climb the active Nyiragongo volcano. link

*Climb Killimanjaro, would love to do a technical route up the mountain with the right partner otherwise it will be a walk up.

*Climb Visoke, a volcano in Rwanda with a crater lake.

*Try to organize a trip up Mikeno which is located in the Congo, there is no trail and they don't normally climb that mountain so there is a good chance they won't allow it.

*Build a woodie in my backyard.

*More climbing in South Africa

*Make it back to Washington for a visit and hopefully get out with some of you and do some climbing.

1. Offwidths

2. Consistency

3. Got new batteries and a new brush! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Unfinished bizness drives me nuts!

31606munge.jpg

Even if you cleaned that shit, it would be shit 2 months later. Classic Cascades north-facing-low-angled-fiveseven-seepy-mossfight.

Move to California you chuffer.

75% Clear and 10a you "faux chuff bagger twat", its not about longevity it's about having something to come back to every few months as if it were fresh and un-trammeled.

the_finger.giffruit.giffruit.gif