Two-mouthed fish...

ScottP

529991-AH11112212006.jpg

"A rainbow trout fished out of Holmes Lake in Lincoln, Neb., on Dec. 17, 2005, features a double mouth. Clarence Olberding, 57, of Lincoln, wasn't just telling a fisherman's fib when he called over another angler to look at the two-mouthed trout. It weighed in at about a pound. Olberding, who plans to smoke and eat the fish, said the hook was in the upper mouth, and that the lower one did not appear to be functional."

529991-AH11112212006.jpg.4189477c5d55e220c5d36304072feb68.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you sneak into the "Employees only" building in the center of the fish hatchery on the Metolius River, there's a tank full of two-headed and two-tailed fish. At least there was 8 years ago when I last snuck in.

And Dru, my brother caught a fish like that, but with a live crawdad face peeking out.

looks like something that would happen when I went to clean said fishy.... I could make that happen with any fishy.. since i've gotten to the point of not wanting to hurt said fishy i'm missing the need for blood... is this real or nothing more than cutting below the mouth and then cleaning?.. looks like every fish i ever cleaned.... killed or whatever

ok.. if'n your right... good on you... could take a fresh trout and make em look pretty much the same with a light and fast gerber knife.. hell it wouldn't look nothing like that since i'd be bivi'ing it on some god forsaken spot trying to pretend to be tough... knife and all.