Viva La Revolution

Dru

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You been reading the economist or something Dru? What's going on up there.

The inability to coordinate supply and demand is the clearly the key to everlasting prosperity for all, and history has shown that an economic incentive system that is inconsistent with human nature is an obstacle that can easily be overcome with a sufficient amount of coercion from the state. Viva La Implosion.

The inability to coordinate supply and demand is the clearly the key to everlasting prosperity for all, and history has shown that an economic incentive system that is inconsistent with human nature is an obstacle that can easily be overcome with a sufficient amount of coercion from the state. Viva La Implosion.

Indeed! The Chicago Boys did a bang-up job of showing Russia how to do it! rolleyes.gif

But JayB you have not demonstrated that an economic system that concentrates 99% of a countries wealth in the hands of a specific oligarchy is any better... in this case if the economy goes into the tank it will be from the flight of wealth as much as anything.

What would happen to the US if the 1000 richest families and corporations sudenly took all their assets and moved to Singapore?

But JayB you have not demonstrated that an economic system that concentrates 99% of a countries wealth in the hands of a specific oligarchy is any better... in this case if the economy goes into the tank it will be from the flight of wealth as much as anything.

What would happen to the US if the 1000 richest families and corporations sudenly took all their assets and moved to Singapore?

I suspect they'll do the demonstrating for me shortly, but if you to see an example check out Zimbabwe. They have achieved a commendable degree of equality amongst their citizens, the vast majority of whom are now impoverished and starving, since their redistributive measures have been implemented.

How's that different from any other Leftist revolution in history? Same plot, different actors. "The State" and "The People" are just shorthand for "My henchmen and I." Is there a big wheel somewhere that they spin in South America to decide of the revolution du jour is a farce or a tragedy?

I doubt they'll get off that easily. I think that they, like their comrades in Venezuala, will have to live with the consequences of their rhetoric this time, as the Cold War is over and no one really gives a shit what happens in South America anymore.

I doubt they'll get off that easily. I think that they, like their comrades in Venezuala, will have to live with the consequences of their rhetoric this time, as the Cold War is over and no one really gives a shit what happens in South America anymore.

Interesting though that Venezuela has had a growth of 9% over the last couple of years (mostly due to oil), has paid the IMF the vast majority of the debt it owes, and invested in the bonds of neighboring countries. Given that other countries are stuck with the "spike clauses" from the internatinal oil folks that give them a much smaller percentage of short term oil price increases, I'd say he's doing his folks a service.

There is a distinct difference between Chavez & Morales. One is a militarist, the other an indigenous native. Isn't it about time that natives whose lands are being annexed and exploited, share in the benefits and wealth of their own natural resources? The 10-02 swath thru ANWR has something to do w/ revenue sharing/Inuits. Yes? Secondly, ignore countries for to long and they become failed states. Then your dumb ass ends up having to fix them.

• 9 years later...