[TR] Sumallo Bluffs- Buzowski/Kippan 12/18/2005

jmace

Climb: Sumallo Bluffs-Buzowski/Kippan

Date of Climb: 12/18/2005

Trip Report:

Climbed the Buzowski on Saturday and it was just awesome! That whole area is just awesome and had tonnes of ice!!! The river crossing was tame and the approach was very bushy at times. Climbed the route in two pitches one 40 m and one 65 m,the last pitch is long and would be better as two pitches.

Landmark gulley was almost fully in but the upper curtain was not touching down. the rest including some possibly unclimbed lines were looking spectacular. Hopefully it stays cold enough to keep things from melting too much.

Pics are coming as soon as I find my cord to upload them to my computer.

Gear Notes:

screws and hip waders

Approach Notes:

River, bush then gulley, approach from 24 km marker rather than from Parking spot.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

way to get out there, jesse- it took me a couple days to flick a proper pick while on the lead in the lilloet country too. managed to finally get that groovy rythym on the last 20m of vertical this weekend. and about your luck losing partners into the cold liquid... nobody fell into the stream this time? wink.gif