Pictures thread

Distel32

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who on this page is in AARP? confused.gif

*cough* cough* Err: changing the subject* cough*

Hey here's something way different: a rock pic where ya need a rack: last month in Vegas.

Doing the classics with my foot taped. I should just lose some weight but hey....hmmm...trying.....

showphoto.php?photo=15580&size=big&sort=1&cat=500

showphoto.php?photo=15591&sort=1&cat=517&page=1

showphoto.php?photo=15587&size=big&sort=1&cat=517

Thanks Off White!

I think I need one of those cameras that focus. Fortunatly that was just last month so I still have the memories burned in my brain, apologies to the rest of you. These were some of the better ones too so you can imagine what some that were left in the shit pile looked like (envision a fuzzy out of focus photo of part of a foot for instance).

Cheers!

Side note: John, are you bouldering on ice? I don't see a rope.

I would like to credit Distel32 with the inspiration for this series of buildering photos. all chestbeating aside I feel qualified to state that these two problema are in a league of difficulty all their own - likely V18 but I am going to rate them V17 now and let any repeat ascensionists upgrade them if they can!

Special thanks to Andy Cairns for discivering these unclimbed masterpieces at a secret Fontainbleau like spot.

357cid_part1.jpg

357cid_part2.jpg

357cid_part3.jpg

357cid_part4.jpg

Special thanks to Andy Cairns for discovering these unclimbed masterpieces at a secret Fontainbleau like spot.

Special thanks to Andy Cairns for discovering these unclimbed masterpieces at a secret Fontainbleau like spot.

1417PARCVERDUN.JPG

Futuristic! You found a whole new side of the formation.

On the subject of pictures, the entries to the photo contest were excellent. The submissions were inspirational and affirmative. One could almost see and hear Julie Andrews prancing in an alpine meadow.

However, the darker side of climbing was overlooked. Not the infinite possibilities of psychological torment or the art of physical suffering at high altitudes, just the mundane misery every climber knows a little about.

A woman reviewer had this to say about a book written by men about their relationships with women: I found the stories to be well-written and honest and funny, but most of them lacked an important element, something every woman looks for in a man - raw emotion.

A few pictures of raw emotion then:

A girl walking home from school in Toronto:

1417TORONTO.JPG

THE ART OF SUFFERING UNCOMFORTABLE SLEEPING PLACES:

1417ADRIAN.JPG

SUFFERING COLD HANDS OR FEET:

1417RAYNAUDS2.JPG

SUFFERING THROUGH A NURSING SCHOOL CLASS LISTENING TO INSPIRATIONAL AND AFFIRMATIVE MESSAGES:

1417HOWIAMFEELING.JPG

SPORT CLIMBER OR BOULDERER SUFFERING AFTER GETTING NEAR THE TOP OF THEIR PROJECT AND HEARING THEIR HARDCASE FRIENDS SWITCH INTO INSPIRATIONAL AFFIRMATIVE BLATHER MODE:

1417SCREAM.JPG