micromanaging

Gary_Yngve

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this reminds me of the seinfeld episode in which George gets a sudden boost of intellect b/c he's not having sex of any kind and elaine is getting dumber by the moment b/c she's having it all the time.

if gary uses this method to "relax" and thus gain valuable interpersonal skills, his intellect may shrink and he'll never finish grad school. such a conundrum...whatever shall he do?

Gary...

The quicker you learn that living up to YOUR expectations are NOT the goals in life for other people, the better.

Heard this before, haven't you Gary?

Hang in there, things will change.

Eeek... sounds like I inadvertently hit a raw nerve there. Sorry.

BUT... it's true.

I'm not going to deny that I have high expectations of myself and others. I do try to make these expectations clear beforehand. But there are some lower expectations that I have that I don't feel it's necessary to make clear. For example, if I ask someone to do X by Friday and make it a priority, then I expect either for it to be done, or for that person to approach me as soon as possible if they can't get it done by Friday. Anyway, turned out not to be super-critical, as I called the registrar and their Mon morning grades deadline was flexible to the evening. Though my hand is tired from bubbling in all those grades!

...if I ask someone to do X by Friday and make it a priority, then I expect either for it to be done, or for that person to approach me as soon as possible if they can't get it done by Friday.

Ahhhhh... again.... e-x-p-e-c-t-a-t-i-o-n-s. (Damn - that was hard to type.)

You again assume someone really gives a shit about your problems. (And no... I'm not just talking about this board.)

Have you looked into just why that person couldn't get your grades done? We tend to get so self-absorbed in our own issues that we can't see that other people are just as effed up as us, and some even have bigger problems! It's the only trickle-down theory that works.

You again assume someone really gives a shit about your problems. (And no... I'm not just talking about this board.)

Why don't you leave us alone, and go find a councilor at the UW?

we can't see that other people are just as effed up as and some even have bigger problems!

Not too many people are as fucked up as Gary. Who else but a loony would use CC as a therapy session? How about this cry for help?

Face it dude, after college your job possibilities are going to be real limited. Kazinsky (sp) ruined it for all you mad scientists. How about Labor Ready? They will even give you a bus map on how to get to your assignment.