Joke

pope

MattP says:

....anybody who really wants to try to deal with the issues is put down as being "too serious" or somebody tries to intimidate them to make them go away...

Or worse, one of the moderators will ban you for trying to deal with the issues. Like my buddy Dwayner who got banned for his ability to construct arguments that were unpopular with (and intimidating to) one of our moderators. It's been more than a year since he was banned for saying exactly the same things you can read in the recent crack bolting thread. I think it's time to invite him back.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And here I was thinking you were trying to be funny.

Gee.....getting banned for things like being honest about the whole 'Crack Bolting Issue'. In a world full of wanton greed and environmental degradation, try to imagine how little I care about the 'Crack Bolting Issue'....

i actually clicked on this topic thinking it would be a joke...

OK, you mental midgets, I'll explain the joke for the slower members of our readership:

On the one hand, you have MattP (a moderator for crying out loud) complaining that another potentially serious bolting discussion has degenerated because of ridicule and intimidation which cause some participants to "go away"....

On the other hand, you have Dwayner who was ridiculed and ultimately banned BY MODERATORS (by MattP for all we know) for attempting to make serious statements about bolting.

Ain't that amusing? Ain't that pathetic?

A man took his wife to the Rodeo and one of the exhibits was of breeding bulls. They went up to the first pen and there was a sign that said "This bull mated 50 times last year." The wife poked her husband in the ribs and said, "He mated 50 times last year."

They walked a little farther and saw another pen with a sign that said: "This bull mated 120 times last year." The wife hit her husband and said, "That's more than twice a week! You could learn a lot from him."

They walked farther and a third pen had a bull with a sign saying: "This bull mated 365 times last year." The wife got really excited and said, "That's once a day. You really could learn something from this one."

The husband looked at her and said, "Go and ask him if it was with the same cow."

A couple were invited to a swanky family masked fancy dress Halloween party. The wife got a terrible headache and told her husband to go to the party alone. He, being a devoted husband, protested, but she argued and said she was going to take some aspirin and go to bed and there was no need for his good time to be spoiled by not going. So he took his costume and away he went.

The wife, after sleeping soundly for about an hour, woke without pain and as it was still early, decided to go to the party. As her husband didn't know what her costume was, she thought she would have some fun by watching her husband to see how he acted when she was not with him.

So she joined the party and soon spotted her husband in his costume, cavorting around on the dance floor, dancing with every nice "chick" he could and copping a little feel here and a little kiss there. His wife went up to him and being a rather seductive babe herself, he left his new partner high and dry and devoted his time to her. She let him go as far as he wished, naturally, since he was her husband.

After more drinks he finally whispered a little proposition in her ear and she agreed, so off they went to one of the cars and had passionate intercourse in the back seat. Just before unmasking at midnight, she slipped away and went home and put the costume away and got into bed, wondering what kind of explanation he would make up for his outrageous behaviour.

She was sitting up reading when he came in, so she asked what kind of time he had. "Oh, the same old thing. You know I never have a good time when you're not there." Then she asked, "Did you dance much?"

He replied, "I'll tell you, I never even danced one dance. When I got there, I met Pete, Bill Brown and some other guys, so we went into the spare room and played poker all evening." "You must have looked really silly wearing that costume playing poker all night!" she said with unashamed sarcasm. To which the husband replied, "Actually, I gave my costume to your Dad, apparently he had the time of his life."

A couple was golfing one day on a very, very exclusive golf course, lined with million dollar houses. On the third tee the husband said, "Honey, be very careful when you drive the ball don't knock out any windows. It'll cost us a fortune to fix."

The wife teed up and shanked it right through the window of the biggest house on the course. The husband cringed and said, "I told you to watch out for the houses. Alright, let's go up there, apologize and see how much this is going to cost."

They walked up, knocked on the door, and heard a voice say, "Come on in." They opened the door and saw glass all over the floor and a broken bottle lying on its side in the foyer. A man on the couch said, "Are you the people that broke my window?"

"Uh, yeah, sorry about that." the husband replied.

"No, actually I want to thank you. I'm a genie that was trapped for a thousand years in that bottle. You've released me. I'm allowed to grant three wishes- I'll give you each one wish, and I'll keep the last one for myself."

"OK, great!" the husband said. “I want a million dollars a year for the rest of my life." "No problem-it's the least I could do. And you, what do you want?" the genie said, looking at the wife.

"I want a house in every country of the world," she said.

"Consider it done." the genie replied.

"And what's your wish, genie?” the husband said.

"Well, since I've been trapped in that bottle, I haven't had sex with a woman in a thousand years. My wish is to sleep with your wife."

The husband looks at the wife and said, "Well, we did get a lot of money and all those houses, honey. I guess I don't care." The genie took the wife upstairs and ravished her for two hours.

After it was over, the genie rolled over, looked at the wife, and said, "How old is your husband, anyway?"

"35." she replied.

"And he still believes in genies? That's amazing."

Pope, I challenge you to be other than the one-dimensional bore that you have been. If you could expound on other facets of climbing than this one issue, people might take you more seriously.

The fact is that you take the most extreme view possible. The one that there is no place for any bolts, ever. You are just telling everybody that sport climbs that they shouldn't enjoy their sport and that they are destroying the environment. That's like trying to tell all the snowmobiliers they should stop because they are polluting or telling the ATV crowd they should be banned from ever using their machines because they can destroy the landscape.

In all these issues the best approach is to manage the problem rather than trying to make it all go away in one fell swoop.

I'm wasting my breath, as this is spray.

Pope, it doesn't do us any good when you cause any legitimate bolting discussion to degrade into the rock turning into Via Ferrata Disney World. Dwayner was the same way -- his later comments were uninsightful and trite.

Pope, if you want to have a serious discussion on bolting, how about commenting on Matt's article http://www.mountaineers.org/nwmj/05/051_Ethics.html

MattP says:
....anybody who really wants to try to deal with the issues is put down as being "too serious" or somebody tries to intimidate them to make them go away...

Or worse, one of the moderators will ban you for trying to deal with the issues. Like my buddy Dwayner who got banned for his ability to construct arguments that were unpopular with (and intimidating to) one of our moderators. It's been more than a year since he was banned for saying exactly the same things you can read in the recent crack bolting thread. I think it's time to invite him back.

If all of this is true why the fuck haven't we banned you?