central wa ice

glassgowkiss

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

if the ice is good enough to warrant 2 days, lots of people camp in their trucks at steamboat rock sp. otherwise, i've stayed at cheap-o hotels in wenatchee but its hit or miss.

probably the only thing to do near banks for little ladies that dont ice climb is go ice fishin' or sit in the car and read.

There is one motel in Coulee City which is at the south end of Banks Lake. On the north end in Electric City there are at least two motels, bar, resturant, groceries. Bar and resturant are smokey. There is a campground at Steamboat state park. There is also a road that goes up to the right side of the road before electric city. (there are only three roads that come off the highway to the right) to a summer camping area which I have set my tent up at a couple of times. Not sure if that is legal or not. I have also set up a tent at the pull out for Salt and Pepper. Nice car camping spot! Hope that helps.

I have spent the night in the truck at Steamboat Rock. The low was 5 degrees. I had to scrape ice off the inside of the windows before we could go. The next night was suppose to be 5 below. We opted for the little motel just south of Banks in Coulee City. This is the one near the gas station on the main route. It was the best $50 (not so cheap) I have spent. It was warm. We could dry out. Also the gas station has a grill for hot, greasy food. Just what you need at the end of a day on the ice.