coleman headwall / coleman glacier

thelawgoddess

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Lambone:

Hey, is that little ice flow the one on the trail up to the Coleman?

It was about 30m off to the right in the open meadow that you cross after the climbers trail forks to the right. About 15 minutes up the ridge from the good camping area in the trees that we didn't find until after we set up the tent.

It was small but we all climbed it a bunch of times so it was almost like climbing a long route

[big Grin][big Grin][big Grin]

By the way Fence shitter, oh, I mean Fence sitter, yes, I was carring a 75 liter pack. I guess I don't feel the need to boast and show off how little I can carry. By the way, why didn't you summit????? Was your 20lb pack missing some key elements?

I carry what I need. A single wall tent, stove, pot, food, booze, clothes and a synthetic sleeping bag, as I am allergic to down. And, I have a dog whom I carry some stuff that she cannot carry on her meager pack.

Now, if I was tenting with someone, maybe we would have shared the weight of a tent, and cooking gear. Never the less, I find it odd that one needs to put down another because they are different or, don't follow everyone else in the go lite theory. I would love to carry less, if I had lots of money, I would upgrade everything to the lightest I could. But, as it now stands, my folks have all the dough, and I make do as I do. At least I am out there making the best of it.

This cyber world can be a cold and cruel place to look for recognition. As always, one must look inside themselves for the accomplishments we gain, and not subject ourselves to public ridicule, as it seems the primary source of recognition given in this cyber world.

As I was taught long, long ago...if you have nothing nice to say, its best to say nothing at all.

Have you ever wondered which hurts most? Saying something and wishing you had not...

Or, saying nothing and wishing you had.

Celebrate differences in those around you, or, you will fall victim to medeocrity and self rightousness!!

[ 11-05-2002, 11:47 PM: Message edited by: lisa ]

hey now lisa...mellow...it was a compliment...smoke some green and have a nice sleep... seriously...we didn't summit cause we had to be back for a test at 6:00 in langley...and no i wasn't missing anything...sorry if you were offended...i jsut thought you were cruising for such a large pack... nothing else intended... [big Drink][Eek!]

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

Scott Harder

scott@nwog.org

Likes: Hiking, mountaineering, rock climbing (sport and trad), adventure racing

Goals: Liberty Ridge (Mt Rainier), The Ultimate Everything (Big Chief, Squamish), Adams Glacier (Mt Adams), Outerspace (IV, 5.9+), Serpentine Arete (Dragontail Peak)

Accomplishments: Mt Rainier (Emmons & DC), Mt Adams 3X, Mt Baker, Mount Shasta

I see, not only is R&D route grade III, but Outer Space is Grade IV and there's a new mountain in Squamish called Big Chief! That Ultimate Everything on it must be Grade VII
AT LEAST!
[laf]

When did they up the rating to 5.9+ on outer space [Roll Eyes] Next thing you know Classic Crack will be 5.10 [laf]

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:

quote:

Originally posted by Greg W:

Outerspace (IV, 5.9+)

I climbed it in about 4.5 hours; I'm on my way to Dean Potter-style speed records!!!

Serpentine Ridge must be a grade VII big wall then.
[Cool]
[laf][laf] That's what Scott told me [Wink]

quote:

Originally posted by lisa:

Hey Rodeo,

When you get your pics developed, please share them. I guess you and I were not in their roll of film, or, we were not worthy of posting. Either way, I would like to see how your pics turned out. You don't need to post them for wankers, just share them at a pub club or stop in.

I was belaying you two, Hands on rope, not on camera. I have one of Rodeo lowering, and there may be one of lisa. Ran out of time yesterday, as I have to scan them into Photoshop and upload and shit. I'll bring them tonight.

quote:

Originally posted by Fence Sitter:

greag...4.5 hours car to car? cause that would be prety fast...
[big Drink]
if ya did...
[Roll Eyes]
if ya didn't...
[big Grin]

Car to Car? Obviously you haven't seen my gaper ass; I think that was pack to pack and it might have been closer to 5 hours. I was just spewin' some smack dude. All in the name of fun with Scot'doorResearch [big Grin]