coleman headwall / coleman glacier

thelawgoddess

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beck will make his way up on Saturday AM to 5000 foot pub club- will bring euro delicacies, perhaps some procuitto, panne e vin blanc.

Black Diamond betamid with vents.

Con von spank, when are you two driving up? If no one else wants to go I don't want to drive it alone (Anyone?), do you have room in vechicle for dirtbag climber?

Thanks, TLG! I was looking forward to swinging picks with you foos this weekend, looks like it shoul be great weather.

I'll cook you and the Col. vonspanker some haute cuisine at some other haute outing,enjoy some vin blanc and vistas manifique, comiserate about being underpaid gear slingers

Fence Sitter,

There's a great campsite very close to the glacier.

Unsure if you've been on the glacier, but the tourist trail crosses 2 creeks above tree line (after "the climbers route" (signed) branches off to the right). After crossing the first creek, the trail traverses across a faint ridge. At the peak of the ridge (not high point of trail), a trail forks off at 90 degrees to the left, going down hill. Take this trail, crossing the creek after a couple of minutes. The trail continues downward above the creek and runs into a wooded ridge. There's an excellent campsite on the ridge (100 feet into the trees) with an outhouse below the camp on its creek side. A trail continues through the camp and drops down along the moraine and doubles back to gain the glacier.

Camping at the actual toe of the glacier might best be described as camping in a frozen mudhole sans water supply.

Looks like a number of us will be in the neighborhood. May it could be declared an honorary province.

GB

Someone should consider wandering up the glacier a bit farther and giving the Coleman Headwall a go. Betcha ya its in fine shape right now with a little new snow, some sun, and cold temps. If'n I cant recruit a partner and maybe even if I cant i might be heading that way. Lot more mileage to be had up there than in the icefall. Just a thought.

Cavey,

I was thinking about the King of the Mountain thing and was initially going to suggest renaming it Rage against the Machine. At that point I realized that I'd probably snap a cobra pick trying to remove it from your skull. Bummer. I'll run my fishsticks with well tuned blades so they don't stick in bone.

Looking forward to it.

GB

quote:

Originally posted by fishstick:

Cavey,

I was thinking about the King of the Mountain thing and was initially going to suggest renaming it Rage against the Machine. At that point I realized that I'd probably snap a cobra pick trying to remove it from your skull. Bummer. I'll run my fishsticks with well tuned blades so they don't stick in bone.

Looking forward to it.

GB

Shouldnt that be Pirahna against The Fly or have you upgraded to Ergos now Gord [laf]