• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   11/10/22

Help keep cascadeclimbers.com going!  Please consider donating so we can keep this site going.   We have set expenses right now but no revenue.  We do hope to getting a sponsor to help out, but for now we just need funds to upgrade the site and pay for hosting and licensing. See the "DONATE" tab in the top menu.
Sign in to follow this  
Norsky

Shelf Road in February

Anyone climbed Shelf in the dead of winter? I know, I know, it's climbable on nice days. I don't want no 45 degree bull spit. Cranking at Smith is possible in February as well, but it's goddamn cold!

Give it up wise ones! smirk.gif

Spent Xmas to New Yrs there three years ago. Was wicked, good temps and we had the run of the entire place, made huge fires and watched the lights of the supermax prisons come on each night. Be sure to make a day trip to Penitente and do Bullet the Blue sky thumbs_up.gif

Spent Xmas to New Yrs there three years ago. Was wicked, good temps and we had the run of the entire place, made huge fires and watched the lights of the supermax prisons come on each night. Be sure to make a day trip to Penitente and do Bullet the Blue sky thumbs_up.gif

I never thought about Penitente. Wondering how many hours away it is. It's mostly short sport routes there right?

I never thought about Penitente. Wondering how many hours away it is.

Seem to recall about 3 hours from Shelf Basecamp

It's mostly short sport routes there right?

Yep . . . just like Shelf tongue.gif And just like Shelf, wicked bolted cracks rockband.gif

As long as the Sun's out the temps should be comfortable, especially along Cactus Cliff. Odds are that's where you'll find most of the crowds as well, but if you are there midweek you'll most likely have the place to yourselves, or close to it. Should be a beautiful place to spend the week.