Gorge Ice

ryland_moore

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has the PDX drytooling continued recently? I haven't seen any updates recently.

I have been out of town the past three weeks so I couldn't organize anything... I'm going to throw something up for this week in a second...

The golden rule of PDX drytooling is if you want to go PM me. Anytime. I go roughly 2 times a week regardless of whether or not anyone else is available so chances are you want to go we can find a time to go. Fair? wave.gif

I heard the true story tonight, apparently, Layton was fighting for the last fish stick, Pete had the upper hand, so Mike retaliated by pushing him down the stairs.

Fuckin' stupid ass waitstaff takes away my fishstick booty 'fore I could lay claim! Got so mad, Pete was the nearest thing I could get agro on. boxing_smiley.gif

If you look at the map in the PDX rock climbs book at the gorge ice. Everything in this thread that is reffered to as Mist falls, (I believe is referred to as Benson!) It is directly above Benson Lake. I think when I described where I was climbing in my first post sounded alot like the description in the book for mist falls. You do get coated in ice, but there are no trees off to the side like the description for mist falls. You also don't hike up a drainage like the description says. I am not sure, but it is my belief that these pics are at Benson. Those "death cicles" are branches of the bushes below which are encrusted in ice. Every thing in that area is encrusted in ice. Wayne....what is your take? I would imagine you recognize the place from the photos. The night time pics were at the same area as well.

The melt out actually helped the Dagger party today. Lane retrieved a rope that got stuck on the last rapplel we did. It had tied a perfect overhand knot in the abalkov anchor as it was being pulled through. he went up yesterday and got the brand new rope back. Thanks Mister