Madrone Wall Fundraiser, 1/26/06 in PDX

chelle

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Lani just gave up the secret! grin.gif

You won it, probably better you keep it away from him so he doesn't hack it up with his tools.

Bill, John has to earn his rope privileges grin.gif

Do you have pictures of this? blush.gifyelrotflmao.gif It would make a great Trip Report.

I'm sure it would get more page views than the PDX dry-tool thread which has like 17,000 right now. smile.gif

yellaf.gif

If Jon ever follows through with the cc.com stone nudes calendar perhaps we can submit a few pics yellaf.gifpitty.gif

And Bill... it wasn't that hard to figure out... when you said that someone's significant other won it basically eliminated everyone on this page... most turds on cc are too ugly to get a girlfriend hahaha.gifboxing_smiley.gifyellaf.gifwink.gif Just kidding!

Great show last night! I noticed Mox Peak has been upgraded to 5.11- cantfocus.gifwazzup.gif

yellaf.gif

... Bill... it wasn't that hard to figure out... when you said that someone's significant other won it basically eliminated everyone on this page... most turds on cc are too ugly to get a girlfriend hahaha.gifboxing_smiley.gifyellaf.gifwink.gif Just kidding!

All kidding aside, there is like 8 pages on spray how some of those guys have never seen a woman...ever...or something like that. It's not like they all live in the same little hut up on the back-side of the Kenai peninsua either. Sounds like some of those dudes might need to ease up on the training a bit and get a life.

yelrotflmao.gif

Poor Lani must sometimes feel like the only marshmellow star in a bowl of Captain Crunch. I think that's why my wife has all those excuses prepared in advance.... grin.gif

"Oh, can't go....uhhhh, neck hurts"

"Oh, can't go....uhhhh, my tv show is on".

"Oh, can't go....uhhhh, I gotta prepare for work tomorrow".

"Oh, can't go....uhhhh, taking care of the kids".

etc etc.

She did ask me the night before after I reminded her I was going "Hey, how many times has Tiffany been married now?" I was thinking "about 3 or 4 times less than you I think" but just said, "well, why don't you show up and ask Wayne yourself."

-course- then I get.............

"Oh Bill, I can't go because....uhhhh....."

yelrotflmao.gif

John,

Yeah I figured Erik and I had our fun with our made up grade and just to give it it's actual grade. One pitch was 5.11- R/X, the pitch with the picture of me traversing into nowhere. The other 14 upper pitches were all between 5.10-5.10+. The lower 10-12 were all between 5.7 and 5.9+

Glad you liked the show Bill! Sorry if I didn't recognize you off the bat! I put a LOT of work into the show, all told, 14 hours. My show in seattle will have about 60 hours of labor put into it.

Wayne's show was REALLY GOOD, the story telling drew me right in. Too bad he was losing his voice! Fucking awesome show Wayne!

Thanks to everyone who helped out and showed up. I wish I could have chatted with more folks, but my chiropractic school mates were there and I felt obligated to keep them company since they didn't know anyone there but me.

John,

Yeah I figured Erik and I had our fun with our made up grade and just to give it it's actual grade. One pitch was 5.11- R/X, the pitch with the picture of me traversing into nowhere. The other 14 upper pitches were all between 5.10-5.10+. The lower 10-12 were all between 5.7 and 5.9+

Then why not call it that instead of creating a bunch of confusion and discussion...

The only reason CAN has the "5.9 A2" rating is because people who were putting up those routes didn't believe it was possible to climb 5.10 in boots or aid harder than a2 with an alpine rack... even though they actually were.

You guys on the other hands have a much better grasp of the YDS... why not demonstrate it instead of further perpetuating the issue?

Just a thought. wave.gif

....because, every time I do a route people seem to bitch and moan about the grade without having done it themselves.so this time, we made sure there'd be cause for it.

I think you may be sucessful in that endevor! grin.gif This one would make a great future "biggest sandbag highlight film" anyway.

besides, grades don't mean shit.

They do to me when someone starts putting those little X's on the end of it or whan it's 5.11X but called 5.9 say if you jumped on it thinking 5.9. I actually had a topo once of the start of a wall describe the first pitch of that wall as 5.9 when it was later rated 5.11 on the next 3 guidebooks. When my pard Bob got on it and took a hang he was fairly disconcerted and concerned. Thought we were not on the route or his skills were poorer than they were. Course that was essentially an A-1 crack on solid granite. Sort of a different story.

I don't know if everybody ever will agree with any of yours or anybody elses ratings, maybe because it's always something to talk about.

But it's all good ML, just embrace the rad-i-ness of the whole thing you guys pulled off and ignore the chaff that always seems to be drifting around out there - you know, chaff like everything I just typed. cantfocus.gif

Thanks again to all who attended and helped out at the event!

We raised $480.00 for the MWPC. This will definitely help with our efforts to preserve the site. We'll keep you posted with any updates regarding the Madrone Wall.

Edited by elaine