Madrone Wall Fundraiser, 1/26/06 in PDX

chelle

Wayne1112 posted the following:

I am doing a show in PDX on the Pickets Traverse at the Lucky Dog. 7-9 pm.

It is an AAC access fundraiser for the Madrone Wall.5 bucks and raffle for swag.

Beer.

Pizza?

Could we do an events post on this please Jon or other administrader/moderators/god-men?

Edited by wayne1112 (12/06/05 06:38 PM)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Calling all Portland Climbers!!

Join us for a spectacular slideshow with Wayne Wallace as he shares his adventures traversing the Northern Picketts. He'll also have a few photos of some good ol' Oregon climbing that include the Madrone Wall!!

This is a fundraiser for the Madrone Wall Preservation Committee and is sponsored by the Access Fund, Mazamas, and US Outdoor Store.

Lucky Lab Public House in Multnomah Village

7675 SW Capitol Hwy-Upstairs room

Show Starts at 7:00 pm

$5.00 at the door gets you a raffle ticket. Great Prizes from US Outdoor and the Access Fund!

No host bar available upstairs. ( Sorry, no free beer!)

*** No food service available during the event, so get there earlier to eat!!***

Questions?

Reply sender!

Thanks!!

Kellie Rice

Access Fund- Oregon

• 1 month later...

Hey Wayne! Do you have any posters kicking around for me to distribute at local shops/gyms to drum up some support?

Hey all you married cc.com turds! Put your kitchen pass request form in with your wife ASAP! I don't want to hear any "sorry but I gotta watch Will and Grace with my wife... it's our show" shit. Get out and drink some beer and support a great cause!

Roll call! Who be there? wazzup.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifcheeburga_ron.gifrockband.gifboxing_smiley.gifsnugtop.gifwave.gif

All you lurkers! Great chance to meet the local riff raff! thumbs_up.gif

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

First round is on me Bill! bigdrink.gif

I like hanging around you and this exactly why!

2nd round is on me then! bigdrink.gif

Looking forward to it.

BTW Good job Doug, Wayne and everybody else working on this, the least the rest of us can do is show up with a few bucks for the stamps and the other misc. schizzel.

BTW Good job Doug, Wayne and everybody else working on this, the least the rest of us can do is show up with a few bucks for the stamps and the other misc. schizzel.

Thanks are mainly due to, as always, for the tireless work of Keith Daellenbach and Kellie Rice to keep Madrone moving ever forward to being saved/reopened. The amount of effort those two have put forth continues to amaze and inspire.

He meant dont just stand up there and yell " I am Mike Layton!" I Climbed MOX!" Dont you know who I am? !?"

yelrotflmao.gif Thats funny.

UPDATE: The show went off flawlessly last night to a packed house.

I'd like to thank Wayne, Mike, Kellie and all the organizers who put it together or donated stuff for a worthy cause (trying to turn Madrone back into a park/climbing area instead of the gravel pit it's been heading for.)

THANKS!

Lots of old familiar faces (like I hadn't seen Wayne for probably 20 years) and nice times.

Just a note for all you Seattle guys who missed it and thought Mike would choke: Layton did you proud.

Wayne, in fact, should have taken a page from Layton as his voice was starting to go south on him: apparently Layton just turned on the machine and fell asleep, but hey I'm not knocking it, it was an amazingly solid 100 percent professional with zoom in and zoom outs/National Geographic pictures kind of prime time style show. Very slick with high production values. My only comment (I was the semi-elderly dude in the back of the room squinting like Hans Moleman), I couldn't see the titles. Make bigger and bolder. So I rate it a 9.99 out of 10.00 anyway cause the pics were way clear.

If you get a chance to see this up there in the land of fish and timber don't think it's just Mike with a picture or 2.

Definately worth seeing.

Interesting that the person(S) who probably needed a rope the most had a signifigant other win it. (US Outdoor donated a rope for a raffle prize).

I leave you with that cliff hanger puzzle. cantfocus.gif