• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
olyclimber

Chongo

Who here has met him? The incident record in Alpinist 14 is wierd...it seems a little bizzare to go on a witch hunt against one guy...but I don't know much about him. Any Chongo stories?

i've got no problem with a street bum getting evicted after more than a decade...

I thought Chongo was a pretty funny guy when I met him at JT in the 90s. Free Chongo!

At its heart, Underground Yosemite is a lot like high school. It's an honor to talk to Alex, or people like him. It means you've paid your dues. Paying your dues means climbing even if your heroes tell you you're worthless, even if you gash your fingers, and sometimes a lot more, on the rocks. It means you've suffered for the sport. Paying your dues is caring less about looking the part than about showing your face often enough for the soul-climbing community to consider you sufficiently committed. Bullwinkle has earned the right because he has been climbing in the valley so long that he knows everyone. And he makes a contribution to the general welfare of the climbing subculture that Alex particularly enjoys

This is good stuff! smirk.gif

You just got hooked.

But from now on we will call them the Huber Honkies pitty.gif

I want to cockpunch both the huber brothers. One time I hung-overly got my truck stuck in the camp 4 parking lot (don't ask how) and dean potter showed up and singlehandedly (with the help of five other people) got it unstuck. Does this make me a "soul climber"? Please advise.

Just to let you know, I have trademarked SoulClimber. Please desist from using this term or selling CafePress t-shirts and thongs emblazoned or otherwise enscribed with said trademarked phrase.

Just to let you know, I have trademarked SoulClimber.

I thought SoulClimber was a wholely owned subsidiary of Slackline Bros?

We are currently serving the corporation fraudulently trading as Slackline Brothers with a variety of warrants, suits, cease and desist orders, pay up or elses, and other legal devices.