Chongo

olyclimber

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At its heart, Underground Yosemite is a lot like high school. It's an honor to talk to Alex, or people like him. It means you've paid your dues. Paying your dues means climbing even if your heroes tell you you're worthless, even if you gash your fingers, and sometimes a lot more, on the rocks. It means you've suffered for the sport. Paying your dues is caring less about looking the part than about showing your face often enough for the soul-climbing community to consider you sufficiently committed. Bullwinkle has earned the right because he has been climbing in the valley so long that he knows everyone. And he makes a contribution to the general welfare of the climbing subculture that Alex particularly enjoys

This is good stuff! smirk.gif

I want to cockpunch both the huber brothers. One time I hung-overly got my truck stuck in the camp 4 parking lot (don't ask how) and dean potter showed up and singlehandedly (with the help of five other people) got it unstuck. Does this make me a "soul climber"? Please advise.