wtb: alum shovel head thingey

ivan

the artist formerly known as nolse has this sweet alum shovel head w/ a collar that allows it to fit over any ice tool/axe for a totally sweet alpine shovel. problem is the beyatch always is out climbing so i can't borrow it when i too aspire to be a nuetrino-fetching, wind-shirt thrashing mofo. apparently the shovel ain't made no more though - why i can't imagine as it's uber useful and EXTREME ALPINISM at its finest rolleyes.gif

anyway, if anyone gotz one or some link to the goods, i'd be willing to pay a buck or two

yoda.gif

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ivan, what a coincidence.... There is a guy in Bellingham who is giving one of those away. It's an aluminum shovel head that fits on an ice axe. Not only am I in Bellingham, but on Saturday I'll be coming down to SW WA for the holidays, so I could give it to you. Course that would mean another frozen bike ride back across town too. hmm..... confused.gif

http://www.cascadeclimbers.com/plab/showphoto.php?photo=14868&sort=1&cat=516&page=1

This is really easier than it is appearing. I have a orange BD shovel blade, it's pretty big and moves a lot of snow. I drilled a bunch of holes in the blade to lighten it up, then I jam my ice axe in the handle hole and the adze end jams against the back of the blade, works like a charm. Don't stab yourself. It does everything but dig throw ice, but most shovels don't attack ice too well. When done digging, just slam the shovel on the ground point first and the axe pops out. Been working great for 3 years now. By my GoLite backpack and you'll be really light!