Men over X

archenemy

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slack on your grad studies... in fact drag them out as long as you can without getting in trouble. It's a cruel harsh cold world that will never be able to match the amount of vacation you get a year in grad school (assuming you opt to lever your degree in the industry). cry.gifcry.gifcry.gif Doing so will allow you more free time to date. Or climb. Or both.

I should quit my job again hahaha.gif

You are so wise, John. Are you sure you're not a Jedi Knight, or some shit?

I like being taller than women. I would rather look down at their cleavage than straight at it.

And yes, I am that shallow. Just like them women look at my haircut.

But alas, I am married, and get to bury my nose in the same but scrumptious cleavage many a time.

...and how much of myself I can share.

Well, I think one day, looking back on it all after you either succeed or fail with relationships (and god knows I'm no Jedi master there), you'll find that it's really an "all-or-nothing" sort of deal. Some couples may be able to strike some sort of middle ground and make it "work", but I would suspect with a pretty limited level of [emotional] intimacy and real satisfaction. That may work for you or not, but the crux of any such arrangement would be finding the rare woman who had similar limited intimacy requirements. And even then I'm not sure at what point you cross the line in such an arrangement that suddenly makes it worth the trouble to maintain as opposed to simply keeping it on a more casual basis. But people do strike up a pretty diverse and interesting spectrum of both satisfying and untenable relationships. Good you're thinking about it honestly though...

So you don't like modest women?

Modesty is irrelevant. In fact, I may get the opposite, where she says, "I am smart," and she may be, relative to her colleagues, but not to my colleagues.

Modesty is not irrelevant. Women are not as turned on by hubris as you might think, Gary. if someone is smart, they do not have to say, "look at me, I am smart!" If you have to say it, you might be smart, but you're also insecure, and that is not hot at all.

In my case, I'm in the top 0.1% of the population for mathematical ability, so I tend to be picky.

In fact, I may get the opposite, where she says, "I am smart," and she may be, relative to her colleagues, but not to my colleagues.

These might do it. Some people might call that boastful with a hint of superiority.

Hey, can we forget Gary for a minute, and get back to short, underpaid guys with hot tongues? Think we can do that? Huh? THANK you!

Now, where were we... grin.gif

Sounds good to me!!

I didn't mean it that way...

Not that I am that short or underpaid... moon.giftongue.gif

Sure, we know what you mean Toady, sure.

Modesty is not irrelevant. Women are not as turned on by hubris as you might think, Gary.

Where am I coming across as bragging/boastful? I'm explaining my pickiness.

more like you are rationalizing your singleness

"Yeh...I'm not getting laid...I'm a math geek... but it's cuz all the wimmin are dumb." hahaha.gif

It sounds like "I'm so good at math that most women are below me."

It would be along the lines, for me, of "I'm so good at painting that most men are below me."

People are picky for different reasons, and it makes sense that you'd want to be someone who appreciates the math thing, but the way you are saying it (and I assume thinking it) makes it seem like you think your poop doesn't smell.

Where am I coming across as bragging/boastful? I'm explaining my pickiness.

...hmmmm....

I have fond memories from many years ago of wandering through the botanical garden at Duke with my girlfriend at the time and simultaneously muttering to each other whether there existed a Hamiltonian path through the garden.

In my case, I'm in the top 0.1% of the population for mathematical ability

Dude, I got plenty [hoursecock] to spare. My nickname a few years ago on a Tooth expedition was Dirk Diggler.

The first time I led it (in someone else's not-quite-fitting rockshoes because I had forgotten mine)...

I dated a gal who a few years earlier had scored in the top 10 on the USA Math Olympiad.

OK, I gotta stop this is too easy....

Well, if you've pursued the hard sciences (excl. Biology) in college most women are below you. Students in those fields are still majority male, and many are any overwhelming majority male, even though women make up a majority of college students. Not that women couldn't, they haven't. wave.gif

...hmmmm....

I have fond memories from many years ago of wandering through the botanical garden at Duke with my girlfriend at the time and simultaneously muttering to each other whether there existed a Hamiltonian path through the garden.

Geeky humor.

In my case, I'm in the top 0.1% of the population for mathematical ability

As I've said multiple times, defining my pickiness and far from bragging.

Dude, I got plenty [hoursecock] to spare. My nickname a few years ago on a Tooth expedition was Dirk Diggler.

A joke. It was my first trip with Mr. Slothrop, and he came up with that nickname randomly.

The first time I led it (in someone else's not-quite-fitting rockshoes because I had forgotten mine)...

I believe you selectively edited out the "scared the hell outta me."

I dated a gal who a few years earlier had scored in the top 10 on the USA Math Olympiad.

I'm not sure I remember the context, but this was a weird relationship. I remember we got into an argument one time because we each insisted the other was better at math.

Well, if you've pursued the hard sciences (excl. Biology) in college most women are below you. Students in those fields are still majority male, and many are any overwhelming majority male, even though women make up a majority of college students. Not that women couldn't, they haven't. wave.gif

madgo_ron.gif

Don't get me started on women & science issues...